Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2141 - 2160 of 2160 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't know how active the scooter camradere is in the RVA. Haha. Always called them DUI scooters myself. As much as I want a sportscar, the thought of passing on ma jeep hurts my heart. I just have to keep reminding myself that day shift and not being on call is just around the corner and a trip to the forest is still possible...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
I don't know how active the scooter camradere is in the RVA. Haha. Always called them DUI scooters myself. As much as I want a sportscar, the thought of passing on ma jeep hurts my heart. I just have to keep reminding myself that day shift and not being on call is just around the corner and a trip to the forest is still possible...

Rite rite. While fun the jeep is. Blasting thru the forest is also just as fun.. Thinking one of these now.

I’ve got a pic somewhere of a bunch of us running the mountains. We did 130 miles of trails/forest roads that day. I’ll see if I can find it later.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well that would have been a serious misconception on my part. I can see why you are torn. Jeeps do provide some protection from rain though...just sayin

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
Well that would have been a serious misconception on my part. I can see why you are torn. Jeeps do provide some protection from rain though...just sayin

Haha. Yeah, I’ve gotten in to the habit of calling a motorcycle, a motor scooter. Going to have to think about this some more.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
What is your current rig?

The bike was a Suzuki DRZ400. Bike was sold last year to another Jeeper, now turned Taco driver. The pic is from several years back. and I do miss the fun.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think I'm going to head to Bald Mountain on Sunday if anyone out there wants to join. Originally debated camping somewhere, but I misread the weather and cancelled the trip. It's my birthday and I'll wheel if I want to!

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
I think I'm going to head to Bald Mountain on Sunday if anyone out there wants to join. Originally debated camping somewhere, but I misread the weather and cancelled the trip. It's my birthday and I'll wheel if I want to!

Right on! Happy birthday.

If I wasn’t on call for the weekend, I woulda.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
I got out to the mountains this past weekend Scouting out some camping areas. the public was out doing so, too. Campers were everywhere.
C80EA109-7564-4290-8075-3DACBB3BAB24.jpeg
E8250EA6-D4BD-4420-8D80-02EB1CFA9230.jpeg
A6B1B894-FFCC-4D80-BF71-F555FAFCBD18.png
0FBC71FF-0ABB-4DE2-A458-37E29DBE85E1.png

Don’t mind the waypoints.. I set them for myself at different points for some reason or another.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice. It was a beautiful weekend for being out in the forest. What program is that? I wanted to go ride as well, but end of the year yard work and other maintenance had me anchored to the house all weekend.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
It was a nice weekend... I had yard work and other things to do as well. Said screw it, there is next weekend. :ROFLMAO:

that said.. the app is Garmin Explore. The app is free and Figured I’d try it out. Supposedly it will work with my Garmin Instinct watch but Didn’t try it though. I just used the app on my Ipad mini with my GLO, bluetooth gps. The app did not save my track, but did show my location and follow me in real time on the map. Which is what I hoped it would do. I still need to play with it more.

I doing everything I can from buying into Gaia maps, Dang it! I eventually will unless I spend a butt load on a stand a lone GPS unit, Which is what I really would like to have. but figure if I already have the other tools, might as well use ‘em.

2141 - 2160 of 2160 Posts