Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Sacramento area that knows of any good 4wheelin areas? Anyone willing to get together and go at some point?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi. There are quite a few in the northern CA area. I am in the east bay and myself and 4 others went on a run last weekend to the gold mines north East of Sac in Grass Valley, see thread Gold Mine run. There is also a thread called High Lakes Oct Run on the last weekend in Oct you may want to join.

I am always open to getting out and about and exploring as well.

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
SouthernDixie said:
Awesome that good to know thanks :) all the help I can get the better :)
Too bad your tires are in worse shape than mine, the gold country run was a lot of fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know thanks for pointing out the obvious lol I'm getting new tires after I put my lift on...can't get em until I do I'll be ready soon :)

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
SouthernDixie said:
Yeah I know thanks for pointing out the obvious lol I'm getting new tires after I put my lift on...can't get em until I do I'll be ready soon :)
It wasn't bad, I made it fairly easy.
For sure, I wouldn't mind trailing with ya.

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
SouthernDixie said:
Sounds like a whole lot of fun can't wait I'm inexperienced be fun to get out
It's cool I'm fairly new to off-roading too but we gotta get out there, I can't wait to find another run my stocker can make it through, not going on the high lakes run since one of the guys broke a sway bar an I can't break anything on my DD.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's cool I'm fairly new to off-roading too but we gotta get out there, I can't wait to find another run my stocker can make it through, not going on the high lakes run since one of the guys broke a sway bar an I can't break anything on my DD.

Jay, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that on the high lakes run there were both easier and harder trails that led to the same end point. Just an FYI if you were thinking about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Run

Good morning everyone. Can go a mild run out of Cisco Grove Hwy80 area the weekend of Oct 20 or 21, either day, if theres enough interest. Run will have great views, as well low water crossings. A stock rig will be fine. CB's are good. Will be some dust until the rains, just have to fall back. Cheers.:thumb:

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Good morning everyone. Can go a mild run out of Cisco Grove Hwy80 area the weekend of Oct 20 or 21, either day, if theres enough interest. Run will have great views, as well low water crossings. A stock rig will be fine. CB's are good. Will be some dust until the rains, just have to fall back. Cheers.:thumb:
i could possibly do the 21st, depending on my paycheck on the 19th. ill keep posted, and keep me posted, im not sure how much longer my tires have either.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Run 21st

Hey Jay, your tires are fine. Checked them out on the last run, and your good unless it snows. If we can get a few more rigs for the 21st would be great. It will be another fun run with more trail time. Keep checking this post.:thumb:

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Hey Jay, your tires are fine. Checked them out on the last run, and your good unless it snows. If we can get a few more rigs for the 21st would be great. It will be another fun run with more trail time. Keep checking this post.:thumb:
Ok cool then I'm definitely down to trail the 21st, and since you said a little dirt, ill make sure to have the top and doors on, do not need another dirt bike trail on my driveway.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Run 21st

All sounds good. As the 21st gets closer this run will get locked in. Yeah when it snows there are lots of wheeling on forest service roads up here. Like they say, with 4 wheel drive, you will get stuck, just farther off the road. Never wheel alone. Will keep all posted. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rocky Bar said:
All sounds good. As the 21st gets closer this run will get locked in. Yeah when it snows there are lots of wheeling on forest service roads up here. Like they say, with 4 wheel drive, you will get stuck, just farther off the road. Never wheel alone. Will keep all posted. :thumb:
Where is the high lakes run located? Trying to see if I could make it since I can't make the 20-21st weekend

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I might be available on the 21st, we'll see. I may have a new baby furry "kid" by then and if the gf works I won't be able to run off and leave him. Though I might be able to just bring him too. 20th doesn't work for me though.

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
flyinion said:
I might be available on the 21st, we'll see. I may have a new baby furry "kid" by then and if the gf works I won't be able to run off and leave him. Though I might be able to just bring him too. 20th doesn't work for me though.
Should totally come out the 21st if you can! I'm sure as hell gonna make it somehow haha

1 - 20 of 66 Posts