Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting at the dealership, bored, waiting for some service to get done so I decided to walk around the showroom and check out the inventory. They've got a nice Sport S sitting here with the doors and top off. Manual trans., 130 radio... in fact the only "option" at all was that the dealership added the famous cowl dents, free of charge. On both sides! I'm sure someone got in trouble for that one... I just really hope the new buyer notices it and either haggles a heck of a discount or a repair before he buys it!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its not damage, it helps with aerodynamics. Air flows across the dent pushing the car down, less drag bro, totally true.
Very true. This is a boundary layer that allows more a greater mass of air to ride on a predisturbed sheet of "dirty" air! Just like a golf ball! I feel so much better now.... :punk:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I still don't understand how people dent their cowls.. The door is held by a strap. You'd have to try pretty hard to mess that up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When you are taking off the doors, you have to undo the straps. You forget and let go of the door once straps are undone and there you have it.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Well it IS a display model; maybe they want it to look authentic? I'll give the dealer a 15% benefit of the doubt and suggest the POSSIBILITY that they left the straps detached after showing a customer how to remove the doors, and the next customer to mess around with it didn't know about them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts