Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is never fun to see. I'm mounting 2 5lb bottles on the cage of my truck. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of room in the Jeep so just run a single 2.5 lb bottle.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have mine mounted there ion the passenger side on a Drake mount. I don't like the mount though. How is yours mounted?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
I have mine mounted there ion the passenger side on a Drake mount. I don't like the mount though. How is yours mounted?
I found a great spring-steel clip at a commercial fire protection supply store. One online source for it is at Bracket, Universal, Spring Clip for 5 lb Extinguishers [5BRK] - $11.00 :: Best Fire Equipment - Fire Protection and First Aid Equipment Sales, Service, and Training Programs

I mounted it to a 1/8"x13"x1" piece of flat steel and bolted that to the seat base.

I've used this same setup in two Wranglers, it works very well.

Attachments

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Nice Jerry.Also those cute little extinguishers you see at the parts stores dont cut it.
A extinguisher will be added to my list.Jerrt what kind do you own?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Nice Jerry.Also those cute little extinguishers you see at the parts stores dont cut it.
A extinguisher will be added to my list.Jerry what kind do you own?
It's just a standard 5 lb. ABC which is a good all-around type of extinguisher. I think I picked it up at Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
At the point the photos show even two or three 5lbs extinguisher would be just for show. They would not even come close to putting that fire out. At least thats my experience with a fair number of vehicle fires.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
At the point the photos show even two or three 5lbs extinguisher would be just for show. They would not even come close to putting that fire out. At least thats my experience with a fair number of vehicle fires.
That is true at that point in time but it's likely a single 5 lb. could have put the fire out right after it started, well before it got that big.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I carry two extinguishers in mine. A 3lb on the inside mounted between the seats on the harness bar, and a 5lb on the outside mounted on the tire carrier. Both are on Drake mounts. Im probably going to be getting rid of the 3lb though. I have the Rockhard roll cage and threw away all the plastic trim in the front. I think I can fit a 2.5lb on each side, bolt the mount to the windshield frame or the cage. Tuck it in between the A pillar of the cage and the glass. Wouldn't lose any visibility but would be very easily accessible.

Hell...at that point I wouldn't even bother wasting my fire extinguishers.

·
Registered
801 Posts
A few days ago there was one that burned to the ground at the top of olds.this is why Insurance is expensive for these things!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts