Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have pretty much narrowed my 2016 model year buying decision to a Safari based on my anticipated lifestyle, budget, etc. Off-roading in all likelihood will be limited to finding that favorite fishing hole or a place where I can set up some targets (safely and legally of course) and shoot my favorite shootin' irons. The best I can describe my requirements would be off-roading LITE.

So my question is from an off-road perspective, what can a stock Safari handle, i.e., what are its limits? Note I plan to add the 3.73. In addition, I need some creature comforts and the Rubicon I think is over-kill in my case. Plus other than buying a few after-market accessories, I really don't want to modify or add anything. I am not a mall crawler but I am no Daniel Boone either. I am more like a gentleman adventurer, an older gentleman adventurer, retired and 64 but far from dead yet. :) Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You must be thinking of a SAHARA, not Safari. And your question is very hard to quantify, but I'd think any Wrangler will do you just fine.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Get the 3.73's and LSD.

From what you described it will be more than enough.

The Sport and Sahara have the exact same capabilities. Most of the differences are cosmetic/luxury.

The Sahara is often called the luxury model which is a bit odd because from an options standpoint, you can order a Rubicon with the same options, including painted fenders and a painted hard top.

·
Registered
493 Posts
A stock Wrangler any trim will shock you at what it goes go up, down, over and thru. The 3.73 gears are a great choice because if you decide to change gears in the future you would have to change the transfer case as well if you have 3.07 gears.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentlemen and I asked admin to delete Safari and replace with Sahara. Well, at least it got your attention. LOL. Another baby boomer whose brain has gone to dust.

But I digress....as far as options that matter and could influence your feedback, I plan to add automatic, Trac-Lok (really necessary?), the Freedom Hardtop, and as I said the 3.73. The rest of the stuff falls under the creature comforts category.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts