Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuse that u can put in to override the cluch safety switch does it hurt to leave it in all the time

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
From what I have seen, yes. I had to do that for a few weeks after my clutch went south to be able to start the jeep to be able to use my winch and brake to move it around the yard.

Normally I can leave my jeep for two weeks and jump right in, start it up and go. when I had the fuse in the battery would die after about 3 days. I don't know why, but this is just what my jeep did.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've had mine in for a few weeks; no problem yet, but now I'm wondering if there's a circuit hot all the time with that fuse in place. That would explain the dead battery problem Peepers described.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I didnt know anything about this fuse. LOL.

Wow, I suck. I have read about being able to start the jeep in gear but didnt know how. Which fuse is it?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
my jeep starts with out the clutch being in. bought it like that

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought mine with the jeep being able to start without clutch. Never understood why but checked the fuse and there is one on the bottom left. Hvnt tried taking it out to see if it will still start without clutch but will try tomorrow.
The fuse has been in there for about 2 years now and everything is fine. I always start the car in neutral with no clutch. No problems( that I know of)

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was designed to be left in if you chose to do so...just make sure you never park in gear if you leave that fuse in and start it without your foot on the clutch. lol

Peepers, I think you had something else wrong...that shouldn't have killed your battery...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mine has been in for over a year now. There is absolutely nothing it will hurt, it does not affect the battery or anything else.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I was only starting the jeep once a week. If it was only sitting for a day it started fine. and its entirely possible theres an underlying issue, but I don't need it that often, and if I do, I'll take care of it then.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts