Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping for some experience in recommending the proper solution for leveling out our 2013 JK. Our 2-door Sahara has a 2.5" Rubicon Express suspension lift including aftermarket mono-shocks. We're running 35" tires with a 35" spare and an ARB heavy duty rear bumper. The front bumper is stock (no winch). The problem that we are trying to resolve is the spare and rear bumper are sagging the rear end down - lifting the front end up. A measuring tape shows the sag to be about 2" difference in the rear. I've talked with a couple of our local four wheel shops and have received mixed responses. We bought this Jeep with the mods listed a month or so ago. It's not terrible, but it's something that needs to be addressed. What would you do?
A) rear spring spacers (what size? 1.75" or ?)
B) extra heavy or bigger lift rear springs (brand names, exact sizes, etc would be helpful). Would the ride be improved or rougher with heavier springs? Knowing that we are in a lifted 2-door...would heavier rear springs help or hurt on the street?
C) add a heavy duty front bumper and a winch? (The wife is not a fan of option C. She doesn't like the look?!?! SMH)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
The easiest way to get an exact measured lift in sag is option A. With the other two options, you won't really know exactly where things will settle due to the amount of variables. If the only thing you are unhappy about is the decrease in rear height, I would go with coil spacers. Measure the exact loss in height and figure out what you would need in order to be level. Keep in mind if you are a dual top, the hard top when on will weigh more towards the rear while putting a soft top on will weight less. Base your spacer size on the top you will be running most of the time. BTW, welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
See if you can check the numbers on the rear springs and post them here.
Also check if the rear springs already have a spacer installed?
I have seen posts that the RE lift kits come with rear spacers but I have never owned a RE brand lift so not sure what options are available for Those lifts?
I would figure out what's on their first and then get some feedback and plan accordingly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The numbers on the rear springs are RM 60465-37402. I posted mono shocks originally, but I'm not sure. They are Bilstein 5100 series #24-146715 shocks. There are not any spring spacers installed right now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Saggy rear end

I somehow thought this was going to be a post about my ex wife..... my bad!!!! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts