Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that hates that you can only get the body colored fenders on a Sahara? I have a Sport with no LSD/3.21 and I would consider trading it in during the last JK year for a Sahara with leather/LSD/3.73, but I personally can't stand the same colored fenders. It looks okay on some colors, but even the okay colors look much better with the regular fenders. Jeeps are about customability so I don't understand why they do this. If I do opt to get a JK in her final run I'll just negotiate to swap the fenders out.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
In a perfect world, there would be no models, just options, and you could order exactly what you want.

Get the Sahara and swap them yourself, or plasti-dip them, or bedline them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Am I the only one that hates that you can only get the body colored fenders on a Sahara? I have a Sport with no LSD/3.21 and I would consider trading it in during the last JK year for a Sahara with leather/LSD/3.73, but I personally can't stand the same colored fenders. It looks okay on some colors, but even the okay colors look much better with the regular fenders. Jeeps are about customability so I don't understand why they do this. If I do opt to get a JK in her final run I'll just negotiate to swap the fenders out.
I am sure someone with a Sport would be willing to swap with you. I prefer the black fenders but others may not and would be willing to swap.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I felt the same way when I ordered my Freedom Edition. I made my desire to swap out for the stock sport black plastic fender flares known far and wide. I was EXTREMELY LUCKY; one of the people I met in the 2014 Waiting Room gave me her fender flares for free when she swapped hers out for Bushwhackers.

Jeeps just look more jeeply with the black flares, in my humble opinion. :D

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I too wanted the rough-out fenders but my Sahara came painted.

With the forest green/khaki color scheme though, I've grown used to it, it's pleasing color for my rural life style, and there's very few of same combo. I've seen maybe 1/2 dozen green/black fenders in the 5 years since purchase, and only 2 others of same as mine.

Recognize the idea, probably would have installed different fenders had they continued to bother.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
totally off topic, but get the premium sound a leather option and not the factory leather in the sahara. Factory leather is garbage. Prem sound and leather option comes with katskins. yummm

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought the Sahara for the color matched parts, going for a Toyota FJ40 look. I agree with Tennesseepowerstroke, somebody with the same color Jeep will take them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I took the Sahara out of consideration for my first wrangler when I couldn't get one optioned without the matching fenders.

The contrast of the black fenders and black top are considerably better than the alternative IMHO.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have gotten over the paint to match fenders, however the silver coloured bumper overlay pieces look like crap! That's how Jeep knows how many Sahara models they sell just count the chrome covered bumpers as they go by!

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
Admittedly, painted fenders look better in some colors than others. Overall, though, I prefer the painted fenders on my Sahara over the gritty black plastic on my Rubicon: I can clean those painted fenders in 1/10th the time it takes to clean those black fenders!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Love the body colored white fenders and contrasting black hardtop on our White 2015 Freedom Edition JKU. Liked even better that it cost about $4k less than comparably equipped Saharas that we looked at!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I have gotten over the paint to match fenders, however the silver coloured bumper overlay pieces look like crap! That's how Jeep knows how many Sahara models they sell just count the chrome covered bumpers as they go by!
The bumpers overlays were the first item to come off of my Sahara.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wanted the painted fender flairs. The black textured ones that came on my sport were hard to clean when I got clay stuck on em. Luckily for me, I scored a set of Billet Silver ones on CL for $25 each.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You can also get body-color matched fender flares on a Rubicon.

The option requires you also purchase the color matched Freedom Top.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts