Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 red rubicon and I'm looking for a hardtop in my area. The only ones available are the painted black hardtops. Has anyone ever seen a black painted top on a red jeep?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Looks good to me. FYI, not my JKU. I say just stick with the black and use the extra cash for something else.

ForumRunner_20150507_155003.jpg

·
Registered
517 Posts
Also just because it is a Sahara hard top does not mean it is the smooth, body colored (black in this case), hard top. My Sahara came with the standard textured hard top, so just know what you are getting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also just because it is a Sahara hard top does not mean it is the smooth, body colored (black in this case), hard top. My Sahara came with the standard textured hard top, so just know what you are getting.
Didn't really think about that but I did see a Sahara with the regular black hardtop and home depot yesterday.

There is a craigslist for a Sahara top but no pictures and the guy isn't e-mailing me back

·
Registered
517 Posts
My Jeep is black and I actually opted for the standard hard top over the color-matched top. My reasoning is that with the texture, minor scrapes and scratches will be easier to paint/cover up. I am as gentle with the top as possible, but after taking the freedom panels off at every chance and the top off for extended good weather it has a few nicks and wear marks. Nothing a simple spray of flat black paint completely covers up and looks as good as new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts