Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and it is the dozer color.

I would like to change the official Sahara emblem (see image below) black, instead of the "gold" color it is.

The problem is, I cannot find any stickers in black. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Someone was making them and ran into a COPYRIGHT problem with Jeep :-0
Rob .....

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I love the grayscale versions.

Once I officially "own" my Sahara (hopefully on Thursday), my stock sticker will be coming off right away, I'll be adding a Sahara sticker along the hood (Rucicon style).

I've also looked at some "old school" Jeep Sahara stickers, but the color scheme didn't match.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I emailed them and they arw not allowed to make these anymore
Yeah, I had looked awhile ago...but they are no longer sold.

If I had a different color Wrangler, I would go with one of these:

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Pixeldecals no longer makes them, but I have a guy who's contact info I got from a different forum who made a set for me. I'll get his contact info and post it up when I get home tonight. Here's a picture of the result:

Green Vehicle Font Car Vehicle door

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
:popcorn: I'm doing my JKU up in black and dozer. I don't want any other color on there if I can avoid it and I was JUST thinking about a solution for that sahara sticker! This is perfect. I like having the badges there, just not the color.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Pixeldecals no longer makes them, but I have a guy who's contact info I got from a different forum who made a set for me. I'll get his contact info and post it up when I get home tonight. Here's a picture of the result:

View attachment 175539
ya i'd like that too !
Rob ....

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Sorry but the reason I took the Sahara stickers off is that I don't know why I want stickers that identify my Jeep with a region of north Africa.

That is why I call my Jeep a Jeep and have quit referring to it as a Sahara. I have in the past but no more.

Am I off base on this? If so what am I missing?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I find it funny that people who pay more for the Sahara pull the decals and silver bumper covers off to make it look like the base model and then you get the people who buy the base model looking to buy the silver bumper covers and the take offs to match the wheels on the higher end models. If you payed for it why not display it.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Sorry but the reason I took the Sahara stickers off is that I don't know why I want stickers that identify my Jeep with a region of north Africa.

That is why I call my Jeep a Jeep and have quit referring to it as a Sahara. I have in the past but no more.

Am I off base on this? If so what am I missing?
I've never really associated it with North Africa...

Rubicon
Sahara
Mojave
Moab
Arctic

Not to mention Mountain and Islander...plus..I think the Altitude was originally going to be the Volcano.

Better than the "Times Square", "Magnificant Mile", "South Beach", or "Rodeo Drive" editions...

I don't want that particualr sticker because it won't match my Jeep. But I'll put a different Sahara sticker on it.

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
If you payed for it why not display it.
I did not buy the Sahara for the sticker or the bumper covers. I bought it for the extra comfort level and amenities not available with the base models. I do like the bumper covers because they match my silver Jeep.

Have you questioned why other Jeep owners modify (mod) their Jeeps?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts