Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a chance to really look into the side panels on my sahara but for some reason one popped half off and I'm not sure on how they connect or what's the best way, any advice would be very helpful and appreciated

Thanks looking forward to a reply!

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you are talking about the trim panels beneath the doors, they were loose on mine when I bought it also.
They are bolted on underneath by 3 or 4 bolts, and the top slides down into a metal strip that is riveted to the body. The rivets were rusting off and letting the metal strip pull away from the body. I just drilled them out and replaced the rivets.
Very easy fix, and now everything is nice and tight again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Plastic Side Sliders

Had trouble with mine also. Decided to take them off, and replaced with steel rock slider rails. Drilled out the rivets, cleaned off the dirt, waxed the paint, and installed the new steel rock rail sliders in place of the fake plastic blister. Very pleased with the mod, plus the rail sliders have worked great on rocky trails with no body damage. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts