Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer today wanting to look at a Black Forest Green paint sample (which they didn't have). I mentioned I really wanted a Sahara Tan Unlimited instead and he said they could still order them. I questioned him about it because I though ordering was only for the first month of production, so he double checked with a ordering manager who confirmed they could order a 2012 in Tan for me.

Has the ordering for Sahara Tan resumed or were they mistaken?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Your dealer is blowing smoke up your ass. What they'll most likely do is just search for a Sahara Tan already at a dealership nearby and do a dealer trade to get it. The people that order things don't know as much as you would hope. They probably have no idea that there are even colors that are only limited runs.

Of course if they can find one that fits what you want, then who cares, right?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Your dealer is blowing smoke up your ass. What they'll most likely do is just search for a Sahara Tan already at a dealership nearby and do a dealer trade to get it. The people that order things don't know as much as you would hope. They probably have no idea that there are even colors that are only limited runs.

Of course if they can find one that fits what you want, then who cares, right?
What exactly is wrong with that? If it's the color he wants and the options he wants, who cares if it is at another dealer?

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
The dealers don't know jack. I stopped by the Jeep dealer in Naperville yesterday (the fire department was there...odd), and the guy told be Sahara Tan was never available for 2012. I'm thinking to myself (I just did a dealer search for 2012 Tan JKU's in a 200 mile radius....and there were about 10 of them floating around). I told them that production stopped in August, and the group of them just looked at me like I was crazy. I left with the resistor heater for my Libby...and I probably won't be going back there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts