Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 sahara and recently bought a set of rubicon wheels and tires. I was told they may rub with my stock suspension while off roading. If they do would a set of springs from a rubicon solve the problem? Is it true they add an inch of lift to a TJ?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
The Rubicon springs have a higher spring rate (are stiffer) than the other TJ coils, so on a '97, you will probably get between 1/2" and a full inch depending on how much your springs have sagged in the last 9-10 years. But two brand new vehicles will have the same ride height. I would mount the wheels and see if you have issues before you begin fixing things that aren't broke!:D

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
well many people run 31's with stock suspension and have no problems with rubbing...they might be a little stuffed at full flex but thats about it...they won't rub when turning because you'll have the 8" wide rubicon wheels...and with the new springs you would sit the same as a rubicon so that WoUlD fix your problem as a stock rubicon won't rub but you will probably be fine without the new coils

·
Registered
60 Posts
At the very most, you could put a set of coil spring spacers to get an extra 1/2" to 1".

I doubt you will have an issue, especially if you don't disconnect your front sway bar.

Bob

BJ'STJ said:
I have a 97 sahara and recently bought a set of rubicon wheels and tires. I was told they may rub with my stock suspension while off roading. If they do would a set of springs from a rubicon solve the problem? Is it true they add an inch of lift to a TJ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts