Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Wrangler Sport with the stock 29" inch Goodyears on it. I am trying to get a set of wheels off a 2013 Sahara Unlimited. Just need to make sure the new wheels will fit? Correct?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Yep, they'll fit. Any year JK Wheels are 5x5 whether Rubicon, Sahara or Sport wheels.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Are you buying or getting free set? Why not upgrade instead?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
They will fit, but you will need to have your computer/speedo updated/flashed since you are going from 29" to 32"

·
Registered
69 Posts
A lot of people selling Rubicon and Sahara wheels and tires with TPMS in the For Sale section. Looks like you can get a set and just bolt them on.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I just bought a set of NEW Sahara 18" take off's ,tires/wheels look like brand new...I paid $450.00 cash for all 5, plus the lugs... I like the ride and drive on dry pavement...
I couldn't buy new tires for what I paid for these... I'll buy new wheels and tires for Fall and huntin season.....Duelers arn't much off road in mud or snow.....Good dry highway tire. "BH"

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I just bought a set of NEW Sahara 18" take off's ,tires/wheels look like brand new...I paid $450.00 cash for all 5, plus the lugs... I like the ride and drive on dry pavement...
I couldn't buy new tires for what I paid for these... I'll buy new wheels and tires for Fall and huntin season.....Duelers arn't much off road in mud or snow.....Good dry highway tire. "BH"

Awesome price!

That has been my plan all along.

I love my stock Sahara wheels, and love even more that so many people dump them for bigger wheels. They have been fine for me in the rain and "street" snow...especially with LSD. I don't do much off roading, so they don't see a lot of mud or deep snow.

In a couple of years, when its time for new tires, I will simply go and buy some new take-offs for $500 or so...which will be FAR cheaper than buying 5 new tires and having them mounted and balanced. I can swap the wheels myself.

I just looked, and 5 new Duelers cost $900 shipped from the Tirerack.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Which is so odd because a factory tire is rated much better then aftermarket with regard to wear.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, they'll fit. Any year JK Wheels are 5x5 whether Rubicon, Sahara or Sport wheels.
Isn't the sahara and rubicon models factory lifted? I thought the rubicon had a 2.5 inch lift? Wouldn't that stuff the wheel well with a bigger tire without a lift?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Isn't the sahara and rubicon models factory lifted? I thought the rubicon had a 2.5 inch lift? Wouldn't that stuff the wheel well with a bigger tire without a lift?
Nah, Rubi's don't have factory lifts. Often they will have stiffer springs, but the spring rate really varies on the day and soberness of the line worker.

4 doors with hard tops, and maybe tow packages....are what we think have the stiffest springs. But again, depends on how much Jack one can guzzle over lunch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts