Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in for a oil change (they're free so why not) and I got such a good deal on mine that I ended up doing something I never thought I would do. I traded it in......on another jeep :drinks:

Ended up buying a 15 rubi in sunburst orange. I'm pretty excited and with this one being a auto the wife can drive it on trails now as well.

Red jeep is my older one next to the one I just got today.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bumper is missing because as part of the deal I kept the front bumper and winch. I've also got a rear jcr bumper sitting in the garage waiting for a new home.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
funny you did this trade going for an oil change. i want to know your average day. what other important decisions you make while getting groceries? :)

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I wondered about that... Didn't know if new home meant wanted to go different direction or was gonna hang on the new jeep. And I know all about those random stops that turn into new toys. See my threads from last spring and again from last month... Congrats!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I went in for a oil change (they're free so why not) and I got such a good deal on mine that I ended up doing something I never thought I would do. I traded it in......on another jeep :drinks:

Ended up buying a 15 rubi in sunburst orange. I'm pretty excited and with this one being a auto the wife can drive it on trails now as well.

Red jeep is my older one next to the one I just got today.

Did you go from a JKU to a JK?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I can't believe you traded it in on that little orange Jeep!

Just yankin your bobber my friend Congrats and keep us updated as to when it gets older and adds some height and wears bigger rubbers!:drinks:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congrats man! I've seen guys on other forums who have also gone in for oil changes and left with a totally different car. You guys are crazy. Although I buy new cars every 3 months, so who knows lol. Enjoy!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your correct on jku to jk. I've had wranglers since I was 15 and I really missed how fun the 2 door was as a dd. My old one had the 3.8 and on trails with 5.13s it's fine but on road it's a total dog.

I like the 4 door but a wrangler to me has always been a 2 door.

I had generals but the wheels are the same. Tires on the old one were 37" pitbulls. It was not easy to part with a pr44 and 37s but my wife also couldn't drive it on trails since it was a 6 speed and she wanted to. The deal I got was also too good to pass up.

As of now I'm thinking 2.5" lift and 35s

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I went from a JKU to a JK and no turning back. I only miss the ability to fold the back seat flat and literally put a queen size air mattress in the back and camp but otherwise the JK just looks great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts