Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm about to place an order for a set bumpers from Expedition One. Specifically the Front Trail Series (Full width with hoop) and rear bumper with tire carrier. I'm going to order both of them powder coated.

I've blown away my bumper budget :rofl: with what I have planned so far lol. Is there any other bumpers I should consider before I place the order? I'd like a full width up front and rear bumper with integrated swing out carrier (Opens with the tailgate).

I've really considered the ACE bumpers (F*** they're a lot cheaper, but no full width upfront and the rear bumper doesn't make it all the way to the rear fender) and the AEV looks nice, but is even more money...

Thanks all

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Exp one are great bumpers but pricey, as you know. Have you considered JCR Offroad or Poison Spyder? Even Rugged Ridge with the end caps. The Warn Elite is also a nice full width. I'm not a full width fan so I haven't really shopped for them but the ones I listed are off hand.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I just saw all the T&T Customs stuff in person and it was amazing. They are American made, in Wyoming. They have a new rear JK bumper that isnt on their site yet that I like also. I think they are about ready to go, so you could ask them about it. It is basically a shorter cut rear, without the backup light mounts. Their tire carrier open with the tailgate and can carry 1 to 4 rotopax. I can tell you that you would not be dissapointed by the quality.

Jeep Wrangler JK: Unlimited: Rear Tire Carrier: T&T Customs, Inc

·
Registered
454 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the Expedition bumpers. I have been looking at them as well and since I am only a few miles from their shop I have stopped by a few times to look at them and they are designed and built well. I need to add some more money to the bumper fund first.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the Expedition bumpers. I have been looking at them as well and since I am only a few miles from their shop I have stopped by a few times to look at them and they are designed and built well. I need to add some more money to the bumper fund first.
Dude. You're toast. :)

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
I've got that front bumper. It's well made, nice design, highly recommended. I'm getting the rear for Christmas.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
I have both front full width & rear with swing out tire rack Expedition One bumpers, they are really nice quality & I have never regretted buying them. They are heavy so be prepared for extra weight.
I do think Poison Spider has a good reputation for their bumpers but it's been a while since I looked so not sure exactly what type they have now.
Imho -you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just saw all the T&T Customs stuff in person and it was amazing. They are American made, in Wyoming. They have a new rear JK bumper that isnt on their site yet that I like also. I think they are about ready to go, so you could ask them about it. It is basically a shorter cut rear, without the backup light mounts. Their tire carrier open with the tailgate and can carry 1 to 4 rotopax. I can tell you that you would not be dissapointed by the quality.

Jeep Wrangler JK: Unlimited: Rear Tire Carrier: T&T Customs, Inc
NIce. And they have a vendor in Québec! I'm doomed :D

DB

·
Registered
454 Posts
kbwwolf said:
You've been by the bumper store a few times to look at them? Your credit card is screaming, man. That's all I'm saying.
Gotcha. It is expensive living in Utah by some of the great manufactures. Teraflex, Expedition, and Rock Slide are all close by.

·
Registered
98 Posts
CombatChuk said:
Hey all,

I'm about to place an order for a set bumpers from Expedition One. Specifically the Front Trail Series (Full width with hoop) and rear bumper with tire carrier. I'm going to order both of them powder coated.

I've blown away my bumper budget :rofl: with what I have planned so far lol. Is there any other bumpers I should consider before I place the order? I'd like a full width up front and rear bumper with integrated swing out carrier (Opens with the tailgate).

I've really considered the ACE bumpers (F*** they're a lot cheaper, but no full width upfront and the rear bumper doesn't make it all the way to the rear fender) and the AEV looks nice, but is even more money...

Thanks all
I love mine!

·
Registered
98 Posts
kerryva said:
I love mine!
Smooth Motion Tire Carrier rocks too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts