Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Santa Fe in a few weeks and am looking for OHV trails. Solo. Looking for a few hours to half day in length.

I found Caja del Rio just north of town. 20'ish miles, 1k elevation gain. Forest service and cattle roads. Great views of the valley and Rio Grande from the top.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-mexico/forest-road-24-caja-del-rio

Anyone with anything else?

·
Registered
20 Posts
There really isn't anything that is very technical or technical at all, that I know of. If you want to get out on some forest roads, maybe head to Elk Mountain. I have not gone there, but I am under the impression it would just be some easy forest roads. You would get to see some scenery. Head North on 63 out of Pecos, NM an turn on Davis-Willow Rd. Davis-Willow Rd. will turn into Forest Road 645 then turn on 218 to Elk Mountain. This is all from Google Maps, so I wouldn't be surprised if Google Maps has the roads labeled wrong. That or just head up and down 63 out of Pecos, NM. You won't leave pavement, but the scenery is nice.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the whole day so I may head to Angel Fire and Taos. Maybe stop by Ojo Caliente' for a hot spring diversion? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts