Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a really nice ride. What is the closest city that this is by?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a great trip. It's just north of Temecula. I'm in Northern San Diego and it was about a 50 minute drive.... close enough I'll be doing it again for sure!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can you tell me how to find the entrance to the trail from the Orange county side? I heard it's in Ortega Highway. Is there a specific turn off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a really nice ride. What is the closest city that this is by?
Peggy, you can also catch this from Indian Truck Trail in Corona off the 15. I haven't been in a couple years so you may want to call to make sure gate is open. I'll tag along if you'd like to go, got some great views.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Can you tell me how to find the entrance to the trail from the Orange county side? I heard it's in Ortega Highway. Is there a specific turn off?

The entrance is off north main divide at the top of Ortega Highway before you start going down the Mountain. You make a left on main divide and follow it for several miles until their is a dirt road that branches off to the right with a forestry gate. This will then take you along the ridgelines up to Santiago peak. Check this site to make sure the gates are open

Cleveland National Forest - Alerts & Notices

·
Registered
525 Posts
Peggy, you can also catch this from Indian Truck Trail in Corona off the 15. I haven't been in a couple years so you may want to call to make sure gate is open. I'll tag along if you'd like to go, got some great views.
Yes I would love to go check that trail out one of these days. Maybe you can lead. I have never been out that way. Tomorrow I am doing Gold Mtn and LJB. Haven't seen you out on the trails in a long time. We need to hit some dirt. LOL

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes I would love to go check that trail out one of these days. Maybe you can lead. I have never been out that way. Tomorrow I am doing Gold Mtn and LJB. Haven't seen you out on the trails in a long time. We need to hit some dirt. LOL
Yeah I know, we've been laying low a bit trying to get ready for Dusy next weekend. We just finished building Ray's roll bar mount tire carrier. My Jeep got a clean bill of health from Stan so just waiting for the coming week to drag by and we're out!!

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
There is about five different truck trails to the Peaks, don't forget the peak over by the 91. The Indian Truck Trail is the one we brought the big trucks like 6x6 Boom truck (that is 10 tires)in to the Santiago Peak, and if it was just my 1 ton service truck I came in Mojeska Cyn. (behind the humming bird sanctuary) Bedford truck trail. Before we put the lines under ground , we were going there way too much...I wish I kept the keys tho, since I retired.... Oh I forgot, have any of you all gone the other way from Ortega Hwy, Penny Pines I think is the camp ground. if you stop at the Forest Svs. office on Ortega for a map. There is a water fall back there and some other cool areas too....

·
Registered
209 Posts
ive done this trail twice since i got the jeep in june. I can upload the gps track if you guys want.

I would be down to do this with some people on the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ive done this trail twice since i got the jeep in june. I can upload the gps track if you guys want.

I would be down to do this with some people on the forum.

We are looking for some cheap friendly trails to take this afternoon. We have done the trail from Ortega highway to Indian truck trail, wondering if you know of any others in the area that you can recommend

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
Have you gone the the other way from Ortega, through the camp grounds, it goes back to a water fall and around to the 15. Also there is the Bee Canyon on the other side of the 15 goes around the hills back there...I have only been to the shooting area, but I heard it goes a ways back.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you gone the the other way from Ortega, through the camp grounds, it goes back to a water fall and around to the 15. Also there is the Bee Canyon on the other side of the 15 goes around the hills back there...I have only been to the shooting area, but I heard it goes a ways back.....

Thank you I'll check it out

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bee Canyon goes from the 74 just past Hemet all the way up in to the pines and cedars and into Idyllwild on the 243 from there you can do Thomas Mtn truck trail the take 243 to 74 toward palm springs and go up Toro peak. Its a big loop but you end up drinking mountain spring water with a view of Palm springs. Each section about 2 hours with 15 minutes travel time between sections. plenty of picnic/bathroom stops between. I go home thru Anza so I can go to Dairy Queen. Nothing technical just a pleasant sightseeing run. I have seen Turkeys, Eagles, Deer, Bear, mountain lion, Bobcat, Coyote AND an occasional Tweeker .yellow post spots on all 3 trails if you want to overnight.1.5 hours from SD 2 hours from LA with no traffic and 45 minutes from most of the IE.

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
Thanks Capt.! I personally have not gone past the shooting area as that is were we shoot sometimes and pickup trash! To keep the area open. But I am always looking for easy trails to break in my two Daughters with their Jeeps and to have fun before I throw them in the deep end!! We could make it a day thing pretty easy, and thanks for the tip on the DQ! my grandson will like that!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts