Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Since Twin Cone is no longer a go, would anyone be interested in Saran Wrap & Eagle Rock on Sunday? TrailDamage (I paid my dollar:)) Rates SW 4-8 and ER 5-7. I have never ran these but have always wanted to. Does anyone have recent updates on the trail? Chad stated 35s, f/r lockers, and a winch, of which I only have one of those...so if its that bad I may not go as to not hold anyone up on the trail, but we'll see....I am picturing something along the lines of Chinamans difficulty but I know things change season to season.

How about 9:30 at ON THE BORDER? It's next to the Home Depot.
2190 Southgate Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Those coming from the North, take LAKE AVE EXIT, head West to Southgate (Home Depot/ IHOP). On the border is on the corner.

7/11 on Lake is ONLY gas before trail!

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Both trails are open, both have become substantial trails. They are NOT a Penrose or Carnage but rank up there with Chinaman or better. I agree 35's and at very least 1 locker. Someone should have a winch too or at least a 50" light bar! :mooning: There's still snow in the trees and a few spots on the trails but both are passable.
If we don't go camping, we're in...should know by tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
...Chad stated 35s, f/r lockers, and a winch, of which I only have one of those...so if its that bad I may not go as to not hold anyone up on the trail, but we'll see...
I'm in the same boat. And while I believe my electrical bug is gone, I should work my way back up to the harder stuff before I cause others trouble.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I hate to bow out of my own run but you guys can handle it from here. Sounds like my rig might be a little under equipped for these trails. I don't want it to be a winch fest or hold anyone up.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw your response in the Twin cone thread Keith. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Split the difference and call it a 9:30 start?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just got the doors off (finally!) and I'm definitely itching to get out but think this is unfortunately out of my league :banghead:

Have fun tho!

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Well, I don't have my 50" light bar yet, but I do have the mount for it. Can I come, I'll be a good boy I swear! All kidding aside, I'm down for these trails tomorrow and would prefer a later (9-10ish) start if possible.
We are in.

How about 9:30 at ON THE BORDER? Near Home Depot.
LEAVE AT 9:40.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Denver group departs from the Morrison Conoco at 8:00am?

16283 Morrison Rd, Morrison, CO 80465

80 minute drive to ON THE BORDER.

·
Commercial Member
2,057 Posts
Just saw your response in the Twin cone thread Keith. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Split the difference and call it a 9:30 start?
We are in.

How about 9:30 at ON THE BORDER? Near Home Depot.
LEAVE AT 9:40.
Sounds good guys, we'll see you there.
@Sinister6 , about how long does it take to do these two if we are not winching a ton? I'm thinking about camping off of Old Stage Sun night to shake down my new RTT. Just wondering if I should pack the camping gear before the run or come back down to the house and drive back up. Either way the RTT will be on the Jeep for the trails.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Sounds good guys, we'll see you there. @Sinister6 , about how long does it take to do these two if we are not winching a ton? I'm thinking about camping off of Old Stage Sun night to shake down my new RTT. Just wondering if I should pack the camping gear before the run or come back down to the house and drive back up. Either way the RTT will be on the Jeep for the trails.
Probably plan for 3 hours plus lunch. 30-40 minutes from Old Stage air down to trailhead.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
OK....I'm confused....are you guys running SW/ER or one of the gulches? I saw that Chad was talking Metberry gulch but didn't know what this groups plans were.

Tyler and JJVW, you will be fine with guidance. I doubt anyone will be winching unless they try the hard lines.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
OK....I'm confused....are you guys running SW/ER or one of the gulches? I saw that Chad was talking Metberry gulch but didn't know what this groups plans were. Tyler and JJVW, you will be fine with guidance. I doubt anyone will be winching unless they try the hard lines.
Eagle Rock/ Saran Wrap,

LOL, are you coming Mike or just talking smack?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Well, I thought you guys were running today originally so I was out since I'm at work. I am off tomorrow morning though and think I have the wife convinced to make this run.

Count me in!

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Well, I thought you guys were running today originally so I was out since I'm at work. I am off tomorrow morning though and think I have the wife convinced to make this run. Count me in!
Sweet, it'll be good to see you again...I think. :mooning:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Tammy and I are in. We will meet you at the trail head. It took some arm twisting but it worked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
According to a jeeper on bushducks, it looks like some of the runoff has filled in some of the ruts. The report is that it was actually easier than years past. Not sure, don't really care, we'll still have fun!

It'll be good to see your wife Doug. Wish we could say the same thing for you! :mooning::mooning::mooning::D:D:D

...you too John...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts