Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Thank you, I love the Bartact :thumb:

I got a good 4 years hard use out of the last set. If these do as well, I'll be happy. :iamhappy:
I just ordered my half door jku the other day. Yours is one of the reasons I did. They just look so damn good. Nervous about someone stealing the doors but guess it comes with the territory.

·
Administrator
42,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I just ordered my half door jku the other day. Yours is one of the reasons I did. They just look so damn good. Nervous about someone stealing the doors but guess it comes with the territory.
I personally feel that is almost no chance of someone getting their doors stolen. For a more feeling of security you can get door hinge locks. I've seen them on line for a JKU from several place ranging from $27 all the way up to $67.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I personally feel that is almost no chance of someone getting their doors stolen. For a more feeling of security you can get door hinge locks. I've seen them on line for a JKU from several place ranging from $27 all the way up to $67.
Yea I saw those too seems like the Jeepers Keepers are the best brand out there. Not sure they would actually work though. I've seen some people get aftermarket alarms which might be a good idea but probably not needed.

Since mine wont be a DD I figured I would just risk it. Probably something I could get used to over time.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well this is a bit awkward....I got a Sarge the Jeep and you have a Sarge the Jeep......eek! twins perhaps? perhaps I need to rename mine, oh well, I to am working on a build themed with military in mind mainly in my grandfathers honor (sadly he passed away and were still getting over his loss) and hope to do an awesome build like yours is, started my build thread but hadn't gotten into the military stuff yet.

·
Administrator
42,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Well this is a bit awkward....I got a Sarge the Jeep and you have a Sarge the Jeep......eek! twins perhaps? perhaps I need to rename mine, oh well, I to am working on a build themed with military in mind mainly in my grandfathers honor (sadly he passed away and were still getting over his loss) and hope to do an awesome build like yours is, started my build thread but hadn't gotten into the military stuff yet.
No worries, it takes lots of NCOs to run a unit. :happyyes:
I'll have to check out your build progress. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
No worries, it takes lots of NCOs to run a unit. :happyyes:
I'll have to check out your build progress. :thumb:
True you do have a valid point there friend :) and yes please do, I am trying to get info on my grandfathers army unit and do some sort of build based on that info...some suggestions would be welcome too! How did you make your avatar by the way? I like it!

·
Administrator
42,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
True you do have a valid point there friend :) and yes please do, I am trying to get info on my grandfathers army unit and do some sort of build based on that info...some suggestions would be welcome too! How did you make your avatar by the way? I like it!
I'm a bit of a military history buff and had a great time researching vehicle markings while restoring my '43 MB. I put together a thread you might be interested in: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f306/the-military-jeep-paint-and-marking-thread-933866.html

As far as the avatar goes; I just took a pic of my Jeep, photoshopped Sarge's eyes from the Pixar movie and painted the background to match the forum. I had lots of spare time when I did it. :pc-ouch:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm a bit of a military history buff and had a great time researching vehicle markings while restoring my '43 MB. I put together a thread you might be interested in: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f306/the-military-jeep-paint-and-marking-thread-933866.html

As far as the avatar goes; I just took a pic of my Jeep, photoshopped Sarge's eyes from the Pixar movie and painted the background to match the forum. I had lots of spare time when I did it. :pc-ouch:
ah I see, not the best with the Photoshop stuff, but may try, as for your other thread I did read through that and it did help a bit!:worthy::bop:

·
Administrator
42,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
ah I see, not the best with the Photoshop stuff, but may try, as for your other thread I did read through that and it did help a bit!:worthy::bop:
Feel free to drop me a PM if there is anything I can do to help

141 - 154 of 154 Posts