Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nightmare Gulch closes at the end of January and won't open again until July. Anybody interested in hitting this trail for the last time this season?

Here's the plan.

Pack a lunch to eat on the trail.

Saturday 1/28/12 9:00am
Meet at the Last Chance Canyon trailhead
N35 21.735 W117 53.904
Please do your best to be on time. We have a big group, and there will be lots of others on the trail, so getting an early start will help.

We'll air down at the trailhead, then hit the trail around 9:15-9:30. We'll break for lunch somewhere along the trail. If we don't encounter any major delays, we should be off the trail by around 4:00pm.

Here's the GPS track from when we were out there last August.
8/27/11 Last Chance Canyon and Nightmare Gulch

Saturday Weather Forecast as of 1/27/12:
Sunny, 65/27, 0% precip, 6 mph wind

Requirements:
- front and rear tow points
- rock rails
- useable, full-size spare tire
- no consumption of alcohol on the trail

Highly Recommended:
- CB radio (we'll be on channel 12)

Going:
1. yomondo (WF/SO)
2. 2DEUCE2 (WF)
3. SRTJ (WF)
4. spacemonkey (SO)
5. jkjeep08 (SO)
6. mtnlvr (SO/WF)
7. bulldozer/toad (SO)
8. Grizzly_99TJ (WF)
9. cranko (SO)
10. yogurt (SO)
11. dirtprincess (SO)

Maybe:
1. catfish (SO)

WF = from Wrangler Forum
SO = from Skeletoad Offroad

Anyone else want to join us?
 

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody else? The weather's supposed to be pretty nice out there next weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
I might be up for this. I need to talk to Ellen first. It might really work out well because she is working out of Edwards Air Force Base right now. Instead of her coming home for the weekend, I could just go up that way and stay with her in the hotel. I'll let you know soon.
 

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Do we have times on this? My birthday is on Monday, and I was given tickets for a hockey game on that Saturday...so I'm tryin to see if I'd still be able to make it to this or not
Sweet! What game are you going to? I am a season ticket holder for the Anaheim Ducks... well half season. I can't afford the time off or the purchase price of the full season yet.

I'm willing to bet money that your a Kings fan.

Or I guess where you live you could be going to see the Ontario Reign or Bakersfield Condors in the ECHL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Hey Cons,

You gonna invite the twins on this run? Those dudes are cool. I mean, they talk like they would rather stick it to an exhaust pipe than a woman, but they are still cool as hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,667 Posts
2DEUCE2 said:
Sweet! What game are you going to? I am a season ticket holder for the Anaheim Ducks... well half season. I can't afford the time off or the purchase price of the full season yet.

I'm willing to bet money that your a Kings fan.

Or I guess where you live you could be going to see the Ontario Reign or Bakersfield Condors in the ECHL.
I don't follow hockey much, but I do like the ducks as well. The wife got me tickets for my birthday a couple years ago for the ducks. I used to play roller hockey all the time...about 10 years.

But ya, the mother in law got me some tickets for the condors. It's always a good time.

I would invite the twins, but they ditched the jeep and are in the process of a motor swap on their samurai lol...so they wont be makin it. I would really like to make it out to this trip if times work. I'm itchin for a run haha
 

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cons_Table said:
Do we have times on this? My birthday is on Monday, and I was given tickets for a hockey game on that Saturday...so I'm tryin to see if I'd still be able to make it to this or not
Neither the Kings nor Ducks are playing on Saturday. What hockey game are you going to? Where and what time is the game?

We could meet at the Last Chance Canyon trailhead at 9am, and if there are no problems we could be off the trail by 3 or 4pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,667 Posts
yomondo said:
Neither the Kings nor Ducks are playing on Saturday. What hockey game are you going to? Where and what time is the game?

We could meet at the Last Chance Canyon trailhead at 9am, and if there are no problems we could be off the trail by 3 or 4pm.
Sorry I thought I said lol i had a few drinks in me when i Responded. I'm goin to a condors game that Saturday. But I should be able to do 9.
 

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First post has been updated with all the info. We've got a few of my friends from Skeletoad Offroad joining in. Should be a good time closing out Nightmare Gulch for the season. :punk:
 

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
I do my own stunts.
Joined
·
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top