Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the stock location of the satellite antenna on a soft top JK? My Jeep didnt come with sat radio and I'm going to install it but I dont want my antenna on my dash and I know thats not where it is from the factory... any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The stock location on '10 is on the passenger side on the roll bar. There is a triangular piece of metal that ties in the roll bar to the cross member. It is mounted right there on top. Hard to get to if you have the hard top on.

Ray

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
^ Yep. Pull the top, pull the padding off the passenger side of the roll cage. Remove the 4 bolts on the triangular-shaped panel (14mm, I think), and that's where the factory locates it- through the holes on there.
Dumbass spoiler- put the antenna ON TOP OF THE PLATE! :) Just making sure ;)

Route the wires with the rest of the wires down the cage, under the plastics on the passenger side footwell. Remove the glovebox (push in on the sides, pull gently towards you), and route the wires behind there (not where the glovebox sits- under it would be a better idea :)).
Then, remove the radio, and plug the connector in. Go to the dealership, have them Starscan in that you have satellite radio (I forget the sales code, but you'll need it!), and turn it on. Call Sirius, and have them send an activation signal to your radio. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RADIO'S CODE HANDY BEFORE YOU PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER! :)

Enjoy! (You're welcome!) Mark W.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've put three Sirius radios on Jeeps and the easiest place to put the magnetic antenna is on the cowl. Easy to run the lead and reception is better.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think mine is located under that piece of plastic thats directly above the radio. I have an 07

·
Registered
19 Posts
On my '10, right under that peice of plastic is for the compass. At least that's what it said on the sticker attached to the box 'Compass'. I thought it might have been satellite antenna as well, until I check on the roll bar and found it.

Ray

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a TJ, but I mounted my little magnetic antenna on the roll bar forward of the sound bar. It's under the padding and obviously the soft top and I have never had a single reception issue. It's nice and hidden there, and easy to run the wire.

And here is a bad pic of where I mounted my little Sportster. Then I can just take it out of the mount and lock it in my Tuffy.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
thaduke2003 said:
^Why do you think it's there? That'd be a pretty lousy place for reception! Mark W.
Cause i pulled it off about a week ago to replace my a/c contro box and seen something that looked antenae-ish taped under it, and i dont have a compass on my jeep!

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Yeah- even the non-compass equipped suckers still have the connector there- go figure. Usually OEM's leave out wiring for stuff you don't have- Jeep leaves almost all of it! Weird- Mark W.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome thanks for the help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts