Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in getting out this weekend? No special plans just have been down for a few weeks and really needing to out and get away from pavement for a while. Open to any ideas!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm taking my boys about noon to do some fishing on a secluded area of lake mead, have to take an off road trail to get there. 13 mile road to be exact off northshore rd if anyone wants to tag along. The last time I went two weekends ago there were tons of fish in front of us but non of them were biting my shiny lures. So I'm going to try some live worm bait this time.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still interested, do we want to join Wilson for the ride? Maybe do some other exploring while we are out that way? Wilson, which way are you heading out to your fishing spot, I am not familiar with 13 mile red.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll do Bitter Springs again, what time are you thinking?

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try but maybe a little after that. 10:00am would be safe for me.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truck stop at the race track is fine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Still interested, do we want to join Wilson for the ride? Maybe do some other exploring while we are out that way? Wilson, which way are you heading out to your fishing spot, I am not familiar with 13 mile red.
Sorry for the late reply, but I see you guys are set on a trip. I wasn't going to go till about noon. Area is so secluded I don't have a license either. I've got my tax return so ill be taking care of that at 10 today. Hurray!

You just take lake mead blvd east into the mountains, you'll come to a toll booth, I think it's 10$ to get through, then up to the T which is northshore road, make a left, follow that for a little ways. Pay attention to the mile markers, when you see 13 it'll be a right turn on a dirt road and at the end there is a birm to drive over and that trail will take you right down door side next to the water.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bitter springs drops into Lake Mead a little north of that, by the time we get thru it might be close to noon. Maybe we will try to find you!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Alright sounds good. I'd drop you a pin but the map is so outdated we're actually out in the middle of the water.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Make that 8 mile marker.... Sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We couldn't get all the way thru. They had the trail closed for a M/C race.

·
Registered
407 Posts
We couldn't get all the way thru. They had the trail closed for a M/C race.
Haha yes, I seen them running on the road when I was trying to get through.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts