Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for the short notice. I have some free time this Saturday so I’ve decided I want to run Mottino Wash and Heartbreak Ridge.

Looking to meet up off highway 38 on 2N01 trailhead at 8:45AM and roll out by 9:00AM. Bring snacks, drinks lots of water etc. Thinking about possibly bringing my camp stove or mini propane bbq for some sort of trail lunch, bbq etc.
Limiting the run to five rigs maximum.

Rig Requirements: 35” tires minimum, but 37+ preferred, lockers, skids, winch, tow points front and back, and rocks sliders a must. Body Damage is Possible!

1.) TRBOKEV
2.) LU-EE
3.) Mallavoider (Maybe)
4.)
5.)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Count me as a maybe. Replacing my track bar tonight. If everything looks good I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good. :thumb:
I’m on my third front trackbar of the year right now, so I feel your pain. Hope everything turns out good.

·
No Whining now....
232 Posts
Wish I could make it but I'm on call for work this weekend. Jeep should be out of shop tomorrow or Friday at least. Replacing tie rod with Fusion, rear diff cover (leaking from last run), and putting on new evap canister bracket with an added skid plate (original too bent to get skid plate on it).
Still waiting for new winch and need to do some grinding/bending on wheel well to prevent cutting tire on full compression.
At least I can work on my jeep while on call.
no whining now...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wish I could make it but I'm on call for work this weekend. Jeep should be out of shop tomorrow or Friday at least. Replacing tie rod with Fusion, rear diff cover (leaking from last run), and putting on new evap canister bracket with an added skid plate (original too bent to get skid plate on it).
Still waiting for new winch and need to do some grinding/bending on wheel well to prevent cutting tire on full compression.
At least I can work on my jeep while on call.
no whining now...
Sounds like some nice upgrades going on there. :thumb:

Your going to love that fusion tie rod. I am blown away with its performance. I got stuck on John Bull and after trying both a left and right alternate line finally got out of my rig to see what was going on.. Found I had been driving the tie rod into a rock and it was actually on top of the rock, bent both up like a rainbow and fully back into my front diff cover. Backed off and it sprung right back to its original straightness. :awesome:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*Update*
Due to heat/time concerns we have decided to skip mottino this time around. We plan on running A loop that included Heartbreak ridge/Pontiac sluice where we will be in higher elevation and cooler temps.
Many Apologies... We really wanted to run mottino, but that would require a very early start to avoid lower elevation high temps that are expected for tomorrow.

Fall weather get here already! Want to get out to Calico, marble canyon, Johnson valley-cougar buttes etc..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts