Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been wheeling since the April fool's run, thinking spring creek maybe? Any takers?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Strong maybe. Need to finish the decking on my stairs which I am hoping to get done today or tomorrow. I think SC will be clear, when I went thru Georgetown on Wednesday there was very little snow.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm seriously considering this run. I have a buddy that might want to run with us if that's ok. Very capable rig and driver. He's run this trail before.
Do we know if the trail is open yet?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A group went up Saturday, made it to the top. But Argentine? Pass was slick and icy. Hoping by Saturday it will be passable at the top.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm in! Even if we can't get all the way thru

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am interested as well. I'll know for sure later this week.

Reactions: tworley

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm still a definite going to try and make it maybe, but my buddy probably won't make it.
Has there been a meet up point and time set yet?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No meet up point or time set yet. Last time we met at the Starbucks in Downieville. I think about 9am. I am coming from out east if anyone wants to meet in the golden area

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm definately interested but I don't think my back is going to let me go.

Have fun everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
No meet up point or time set yet. Last time we met at the Starbucks in Downieville. I think about 9am. I am coming from out east if anyone wants to meet in the golden area

Theres a Home Depot on 6th/I70 if that works.

We have plans Saturday evening (6ish). If we meet at 9 again and hit the trail at 930 we could be done fairly early in the afternoon.

·
Registered
356 Posts
OK. I have been upgraded to a maybe..

I made it through Chinaman. Is this tougher? Easier? If I can swing it I might invite my Bro-in-law. He has 35's, winch, and open diffs. Are open diffs a no go?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
OK. I have been upgraded to a maybe..

I made it through Chinaman. Is this tougher? Easier? If I can swing it I might invite my Bro-in-law. He has 35's, winch, and open diffs. Are open diffs a no go?

I'd say comparable. Someone recommended last year:

"1 locker minimum, diff covers, skid plates and bring your own recovery gear, emergency parts and have a spare tire with you."

Id say the hardest obstacle is the wall, which if I remember right the best line was furthest to the left after the first three attempted the middle line. This particular spot is pretty off camber and poses a possible rollover hazard.

·
Registered
356 Posts

"1 locker minimum, diff covers, skid plates and bring your own recovery gear, emergency parts and have a spare tire with you."

Id say the hardest obstacle is the wall, which if I remember right the best line was furthest to the left after the first three attempted the middle line. This particular spot is pretty off camber and poses a possible rollover hazard.
Bro-in-law is out.

I have truetrac's F&R which I thought performed pretty well at Chinaman and diff covers. No replacement parts or skids yet. I'm still really low in miles. I know anything can go at any time but nothing has seen much stress yet. Maybe I get some markings to indicate what skids I need. I'm comfortable giving it a go if you guys are comfortable with me tagging along. Won't know for sure until tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Bro-in-law is out.

I have truetrac's F&R which I thought performed pretty well at Chinaman and diff covers. No replacement parts or skids yet. I'm still really low in miles. I know anything can go at any time but nothing has seen much stress yet. Maybe I get some markings to indicate what skids I need. I'm comfortable giving it a go if you guys are comfortable with me tagging along. Won't know for sure until tomorrow anyway.
I think you should be ok. The rock garden will require some spotting. Glad to see @jjvw is going to make it!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts