Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally ready to replace this rough country lift because I'm tired of the shitty ride, bushings, etc. I'm really leaning toward the savvy/currie Johnny joint aluminum control arms and currie 4" springs. Opinions on this setup???? How long on average will a Johnny joint last?
Anyone know of a lower price than $1454.00

Just found a cool $1400 on 4lowparts.com, free shipping.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My advise, just ditch the short arm stuff all together and go for long arms if you can install them yourself. Since you already have most of the components from your Rough Country lift you can get the Clayton 3 link upgrade for $1748. However, this advise depends on lift height and end goals.

If you are staying on short arms and ride quality is a major factor look into Metalcloak arms and joints, you cannot beat their ride. End of story.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd say your on the right path. I'm one year into riding on the same lift your looking at. I have no complaints or regrets about the setup.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Yep, Currie arms and 4" OME springs and OME nitro charger shocks on mine, and I couldn't be happier....Great combo.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Currie JJ arms, DA on the uppers, TF 4 inch springs. I had a PO installed RC lift. It was beyond horrid. My Currie (now full Currie everywhere but the springs) rides wonderful on and off road with the RS9000 shocks.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
You can't go wrong with Savvy/Currie's short arm suspension which use high quality Currie products as the core. The last suspension I would install again would be another bolt-on long arm suspension. The only thing my previous long arm suspension did better than my current Currie short arm suspension (along with lots of Savvy gear) was get hung up on the rocks far more easily.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't go wrong with Savvy/Currie's short arm suspension which use high quality Currie products as the core. The last suspension I would install again would be another bolt-on long arm suspension. The only thing my previous long arm suspension did better than my current Currie short arm suspension (along with lots of Savvy gear) was get hung up on the rocks far more easily.
Are there concerns of bending an aluminum arm if it takes a hit?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just installed Savvy/Currie ultimate steering kit- completing my entire Currie 3in setup, and couldn't be happier. Ride is absolutely great- best as I can describe it, my TJ "flows" over the rough roads and is just as sure footed off road!
You can't go wrong with Currie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my Curry/Savvy kit used and threw on a set of Bilstein 5100's. No complaints on my end other than still having some driveline vibrations. But I can't complain considering it's the stock driveshaft with only 3/4" T-case drop. I have plenty of travel and good road manners so I'm happy. I'm currently running 33x10.50's but it'll have 35's very soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts