Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got my stock gas tank skid plate smashed in with my last trip to Moab. I will be going down for the Jeep Safari this Easter and needed something that would not get beat up more and puncture the tank. I wanted to get one that would put up the tank a bit. I have a 1" BL so that helps with the tank I wanted to buy. The 3/16" Savvy tank can be set up for no body lift or a 1" one. With the body lift I now have just under 2" more lift than I had before. The beginning to end pulling the old tank to putting the tank back on in just under 2 hours. Everything is right there in the package and it is high quality. Noting quality decisions means that cutting corners do not happen. The hardware is shipped in a thick plastic bag to contain all the parts. If they pay that much quality detail into the bag you know the rest will be great. It comes with all the hardware and it was shipped to me in 3 days. The quality is incredible. Yes I will be buying more of their products as I do a belly up and different other control arms and armor. Great company and yes it is American made. My only concern is I wish it would have come with a sticker. I will contact them to see how much it will cost me to get a sticker

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I'd be willing to bet Gerald will give you one. I have read some of their threads on other forums and their CS is next to none.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay that is what I get for staying up late and typing. There customer service is top notch and they look at every detail. I have not had something go so smoothly on upgrading my Jeep. I will contact Gerald to buy a sticker. My 4 year old wrenches with me and collects all the Jeep stickers I get.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea I forgot to post that they were out of the large stickers, but Savvy sent me some smaller ones that work just as good. My 5 year old told me where I could place it on my new Savvy gas tank skid.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I recd one of their fine gas tank skids on Friday. Putting on Monday at my nephews shop. I am very impressed with the quality and design. If you are undecided about getting one, dont wait. You wont regret it. Sorry if I sound like a cheerleader, but " I have no dog in this hunt" so to speak. Its just the best I have seen.
As a bonus, I am going to sell my OEM skid, plus one I picked up from a forum member to offset the cost.
I considered making one beefy skid out of two OEM skids but by time I removed the gas tank, cut and welded the second one to the first one, time/money wise, I would be close to the cost of the Savvy one plus it would not be as effective. YMMV but you wont be disappointed.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The skid was one of my first Savvy purchases and yes they take all details into account. I always try and buy from them first as that is the type of company that I want to stay in business.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Hey Doc....

When you get that skid... let me know how it goes and how much it tucks. Mine is starting to look like tinfoil... lol... and I already have a spinning blind nut on my OEM one above the axle.... SUCKS~~

thanks....

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the skid and it is top notch. It tucks it up about 3/4" and is really well made. It was a really easy fit. Use JF10 for a 10% off code on Savvy's site. Should have done that mod a long time ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts