Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these for real ? Met there 2 guys with TJs with 4 cyl factory diesel engines.
Says they were the over see's version. MAN WHERE DO I GET ONE- the coolest things I ever saw.. and INFO on them out there guys

P. Scott:eek:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Yeah they are real! Not sure where you can get one here in the good ol USA.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I don't think they ever sold them here in the US. The tree huggers have everyone convinced that diesel is bad so the government restrictions make it hard for manufacturers to sell them here. Plus, the mpg that they get would hurt the sales of crap like hybrids... it's all part of the "game" that is destroying this country. :(

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Are these for real ? Met there 2 guys with TJs with 4 cyl factory diesel engines.
Says they were the over see's version. MAN WHERE DO I GET ONE- the coolest things I ever saw.. and INFO on them out there guys

P. Scott:eek:
it's a 2.8L diesel made by VM Motori SpA. diesel Jeeps have been around for decades....just not sold in the USA. The engine does not pass requirements in the USA. The only way to bring one here is to import it from another country (i.e. a European country where the diesel TJ was available).

every couple of years for the past decade or more, Jeep talks of news of a diesel Wrangler sold to the US market and usually presents a tricked out version at some auto show.

....yet still no diesel in the US.... don't hold your breath either

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
it's a 2.8L diesel made by VM Motori SpA. diesel Jeeps have been around for decades....just not sold in the USA. The engine does not pass requirements in the USA. The only way to bring one here is to import it from another country (i.e. a European country where the diesel TJ was available).

every couple of years for the past decade or more, Jeep talks of news of a diesel Wrangler sold to the US market and usually presents a tricked out version at some auto show.

....yet still no diesel in the US.... don't hold your breath either
Yes this is all true!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts