Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, cant believe the price and selling “fast” to South Americans to export.

$68 plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
791 Posts
Looks like its $45,900 MSRP as from factory, not a bad price, comparative to current markets.

Then the dealer added "goodies" for $22k. Is that where your "gripe" comes in? The Urban Terrain package for $16k seems to be a bit high, but you do pay for convenience and "look at me" factor.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like its $45,900 MSRP as from factory, not a bad price, comparative to current markets.

Then the dealer added "goodies" for $22k. Is that where your "gripe" comes in? The Urban Terrain package for $16k seems to be a bit high, but you do pay for convenience and "look at me" factor.

I understand the extra stuff from the dealer is what drove the price up. But my point is going in to buying a $70,000 loaded JT. That’s all.
An Overland stock was $50k.
Hell had a loaded JLU SPORT similar build $57k!

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
there are stupid people who walk among us. look at what is driving the price of that up and it is all absolutely stupid stuff that the dealer is just making profit on and giving very little in return.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are stupid people who walk among us. look at what is driving the price of that up and it is all absolutely stupid stuff that the dealer is just making profit on and giving very little in return.

Yeah, get that. Just when you see that price...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
17 grand for wheels, tires, a lift, and a lightbar, ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
9,854 Posts
Wow, cant believe the price and selling “fast” to South Americans to export.

$68 plus!
You'd be surprised how much people from Columbia are willing to spend...

I sold my slightly used 2 year old 2010 Grand Cherokee SRT8 to a 21 year old kid from Columbia. He paid me what I bought it for brand new, shipped it to Stage 6 Motorsports in Florida and had the entire Jeep disassembled and reassembled.

Repainted it Ferrari Grigio Titanio (Gray)...

Installed a 1,000HP 440 Aluminum Hemi with Stage 6 Twin-Turbo's.

Shipped it back to Columbia ($15K) and he runs the 1/4 mile in 9 sec at 8,000 Ft.

His name is Mario... check it out on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Not as nice looking as the Urban Terrain but at least some affordable JTs are being ordered. Just missing Max tow and a few things... IMG_20190716_120547_edit.jpg

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
@m998dna OK, so now the Columbians are responsible for high Jeep prices. I think you may be influenced by the Macedonian content farmers.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was at the dealer to get parts this morning....

Looky here..

$72,000!!

Wow!!! The new C8 corvette as a another toy os cheaper, LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I found out that the Gladiator was finally going to happen, I was set to buy one. It seemed to be a good compromise between a pickup and my JK. I'm not knocking them now after looking at them, but I'm going to get a Colorado ZR2. More bang for the buck I think. The Gladiator is just too darn much money and not better than the ZR2 in most areas. How Jeep can price the Gladiator that high is beyond me. The Jeep was always a blue collar rig but no more apparently. Just no over riding reason for me to buy one now.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
That isn't even a Rubicon. My JT Rubicon cost me $54k. The lift goes on this weekend for about $300 including parts.

·
Premium Member
16,893 Posts
IF "Purge" ever came to pass...... I'd be "aiming at stupid(s)"..... I have about 14,000 rds of ammo (at last count) Not enough time/not enough ammo.

IF I did end up with leftover.... rude would be next. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, a question. Does anyone here in the group know the actual law on exporting 2020 JTs. We have been told that (recent) US export laws actually prevent new model year cars from being exported, at least into the Caribbean. I’m not talking about illegal export/imports but legal, documented, taxed exports of the JT.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
That isn't even a Rubicon. My JT Rubicon cost me $54k. The lift goes on this weekend for about $300 including parts.
Which lift? Also, where did you purchase it?
I elected for the most basic of lifts that you can buy - the $129 Rough Country spacer lift. I plan to run my stock tires so I don't want to change the coil rate nor the perfect Fox shocks out at this time.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-country/2.5in-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-gladiator-jt?gclid=CjwKCAjwpuXpBRAAEiwAyRRPgZgi3HHuLpwzq8EyJ2j-9STLoqM7scv2bTJ2KMyEs68Xr_t0Ph8vUBoC-3cQAvD_BwE

1 - 20 of 38 Posts