Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got up and personal with this beast and was a bit underwhelmed. I was excited by the option to trade the 2018 Recon at the end of my lease (or earlier when the 3.0 eco diesel is available).
I keep going back to the 1500 2019 it is not a doors off top down toy but is such a more logical vehicle for towing etc. Hell I miss my GC diesel so much I am always going back to the Summit for my second vehicle.
The JK Rubicon Recon is not as great in winter as I thought it would be. Manual switching of 4WD is a learning curve that almost lost me my new ride on an icy road today and I doubt the GC would have reacted so bad. Still in love with this beast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a failure on my part as I left my phone in the house and my son did not take any. Japanese SIM card so I only use it on WiFi while outside Japan

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Well finally got up and personal with this beast and was a bit underwhelmed. I was excited by the option to trade the 2018 Recon at the end of my lease (or earlier when the 3.0 eco diesel is available).
I keep going back to the 1500 2019 it is not a doors off top down toy but is such a more logical vehicle for towing etc. Hell I miss my GC diesel so much I am always going back to the Summit for my second vehicle.
The JK Rubicon Recon is not as great in winter as I thought it would be. Manual switching of 4WD is a learning curve that almost lost me my new ride on an icy road today and I doubt the GC would have reacted so bad. Still in love with this beast.
What tires you running?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thats true, the füll time 4wd on my 2014 KL ist way much better in snowy and icy roads than the part time 4wd of my beloved 2015 (2.8 Diesel)JKU (And both rigs had the appropriate winter tires).

But this hast got nothing to do with Diesel Engines at all in my opinion, just the Natural given differenzen betwenn half time 4WD (=better for offroading) and füll time 4wd (better on slippery streets).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts