Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange looking thing....as a truck I can't see it being worthwhile....but I guess its for someone...for me...yawn...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been seeing them all over lately. Doesn't do anything for me either.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Some look ok depending on the color and aftermarket wheels, etc. but wanting one isn’t keeping me up at night. If they come out with the J6 concept then I’ll HAVE to get one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I like they way they look, just a little pricey. Overland is about $10k too much for what you get IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I would be interested if they came out with a 3/4 ton diesel.
Before you ask, no, it would not replace my JKU.

Reactions: mcguirev10

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I would be interested if they came out with a 3/4 ton diesel.

I thought I read that the diesel will have a lower rating... something to do with max cooling capacity of the front end design.

·
Super Moderator
15,150 Posts
I've seen a few... Only really liked the lifted one on 37's.

Wife saw her first one with me at the carwash yesterday, it was a Rubi and she really liked it. Diff strokes, diff folks...

But I haven't seen or heard a Jeep soul on the planet yet that wouldn't drive the Evo Gladiator...

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
I've seen a few... Only really liked the lifted one on 37's.

Wife saw her first one with me at the carwash yesterday, it was a Rubi and she really liked it. Diff strokes, diff folks...

But I haven't seen or heard a Jeep soul on the planet yet that wouldn't drive the Evo Gladiator...

Change the tail lights and I'd drive it. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have yet to see one on the road. I see them at dealerships but I find them so ugly (especially in their stock form) that I haven't been interested/curious enough to even look at one up close.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I have seen a couple running around in NH so far not impressed with the look on the road.
We all kind-of got use to the longer design of the Unlimited, but the Gladiator took stretching too far. It looks about as odd to my eye, as an 8' basket ball player. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I thought I read that the diesel will have a lower rating... something to do with max cooling capacity of the front end design.
That's correct. There's just not enough front end to cool the system when towing big numbers. They had to open up the grille slots just to get the gasser's current tow rating, and a turbo diesel will require even more cooling.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Small Town Local Dealer Got one four weeks ago (Still has it) . I looked at it not bad but not enough to trade my two door . It is black (a sport) and the price is coming down each week . Yes if it was a two door I would like it MORE .

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seen them at the dealer, they've been there for weeks. Saw one up close at a 711 today, I do not like them at all. I had a Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended cab before my Rubicon. That was a truck. I love my Rubicon, I dont like a half mini truck half Jeep

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not my cup of tea either. What i am not impressed with is the cooling fan in those things! sounds like a turbine starting up. I read about the fan being loud. DAMN,its really loud! It was so loud i thought it was overheating! That really bothered me. FEAR OF THE FAN!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts