Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about selling my motorcycle and using the money for a jeep. I'll have 5000 bucks. I'm not sure if Id spend it all on a new jeep or buy a cheaper one and mod it. What would do?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't know how things work in Pennsylvania, but in Bama it would be a steal to get an old rusted CJ5 for $5000! But... a CJ might be what your looking for!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I don't know how things work in Pennsylvania, but in Bama it would be a steal to get an old rusted CJ5 for $5000! But... a CJ might be what your looking for!
Damn!! I should sell all my jeeps in Bama and take the money to the bank...lol!! I only paid $2000 for my 1972 CJ5, and it has the stock factory 304 V8....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damn!! I should sell all my jeeps in Bama and take the money to the bank...lol!! I only paid $2000 for my 1972 CJ5, and it has the stock factory 304 V8....
That is beautiful...simply beautiful. I wan't one. How much have you put into it since that $2k?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think I'd buy $5K of Ford stock. Good luck.

·
Registered
871 Posts
for that much... assuming the body and frame are tight; you're looking at either a TJ with a 4 banger, or maybe a 6 with a million miles - or a YJ in decent shape w/ around 100k miles.

Back in October a buddy of mine bought a 81(?) CJ 7 with the 304 that was in immaculate condition for around $3200. Of course it threw a rod less than 400 miles after he bought it, but it sure looks nice sitting in his driveway.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That is beautiful...simply beautiful. I wan't one. How much have you put into it since that $2k?
Had the engine rebuilt for the cost of parts by a buddy that I gave my J10 to ...$650, Bought the soft top (which is a Bestop Supertop for the early CJ's and is over $800) off of a guy that only had it for 2 weeks for $200. Had both axles redone and tranny, clutch and transfer rebuilt...all that was $1650 (another good friend deal). So, in the last 5 years I've owned it, it has eaten up another $2500, but not all at once...everything on it is new, except the paint and body work. All mechanically new. Was offered $6300 for it and said no...

By the way, Thanks for the comments...:wavey:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts