Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a JKU Sahara Billet silver. Haven't had a JK since 2008. But I have two dobermans and a standard poodle, and I do transport for a Dobie Rescue so I figured what better reason to treat myself.

All stock for now....pretty loaded.

Anybody bought the back up cam addition off of Quadratec for the 430N?

I have two Infinitis so am used to around view...but Backup alone should be fine.

Glad to be back and looking forward to having some fun.

Pics to follow.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Welcome back. I am sure you notice the power difference between the 3.8 and 3.6. Have fun and start modding that thing. Anyone can have a stock Jeep. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One week in...lots of changes planned. Front window tint Saturday.

Already bought headliner, LED headlamps and fogs, full LEDs inside (I HATE yellow light), thinking about the Alpine X009 (none of the dealer cars had Alpine upgrade) as the stock stereo will not cut it (my other dd is a Q70S with 16 speakers), hard tire cover. Thinking about the JeeTops for the front only. Probably the Rubi hood. Maybe the Rugged Ridge Grill, but need to see one that someone else has done.

Just so everyone knows...I'm not a huge offroader - so no big lifts. I use this for soft off roading, trips to Big Bear and the desert, and mainly - as a rescue car to save Dobies and transport of dogs in need. So my mods won't be a "normal" Jeep mod. And with saving dogs - I SHOULD have bought a mini van - but that was not gonna happen. Lifting a Jeep means difficulty in getting dogs in and out. So that won't happen.

So that's it so far. I mod all my cars...you should see both my Infinitis - a Q70S and FX50S. Tasteful, yet tough.

Oh yeah - big dif in engine between my 08 and now. So much more useable. And i'm getting 16mpg so far. NEVER got that in my old ones. And - did they do major upgrades in the suspension at anytime between launch and now? I looked for a charting the changes - but didn't see anything on the overall suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts