Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so tomorrow I will finally be mounting my sbc swap and am looking for any tips or advice about placement or anything that can help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
perhaps if you state what your plans are, one poster or another could chime in and tell you if you are headed in the right direction or advise you of a way that might work better.

Some helpful information might be:
1- what transmission are you planning to use
2- carbureted or FI
3- what motor mounts do you have
4- what adapter (if any) are you using for the engine to trans
5- is this a budget build or do you have a lot of resources
6- what's your mechanical ability and what kind of a shop and tool kit do you have

The more information you provide, the more and better responses you'll get.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I'm putting in a gen 1 sbc with nv3500 trans and and np231cj
2- Holley sniper fuel injection kit
3- advance adapters weld in mounts
4-no adapter engine to trans
5- I wouldn't consider it a budget build I have a good bit invested already
6- I have access to a mechanic shop. But the lift is down right now but everything else a shop would have is there.

·
Registered
848 Posts
You want to locate the engine as close to the firewall as you can. Take advantage of the shape of the firewall to nest the distributor area. If you can get your fingers between the distributor and the firewall your okay. You will want as much room up front as possible for the radiator and cooling fan.

Bias toward the passenger side as much as the mounts allow. The drivers side gets pretty congested with the steering, brake, and clutch parts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I was kinda wanting to try to Jeep the stock drive shaft but if that dont look like it's going to work I'll come up with something else

1 - 5 of 5 Posts