Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are y'all using for the power steering lines when swapping in a sbc 350 with oem steering gearbox? The motor is older the pump and resivor are one piece and mount to the upper driver side of motor. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sounds like a standard GM PS pump.

I read here recently that the standard Jeep 4.0 power steering pressure hose connects directly the GM pump and the return line is a standard 3/8" slip over hose connection.

I am sure others will jump in here also.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Should bolt right up, my tbi 2.5 came with the same sagginaw pump, as the one your describing The same line will work with the mpi 2.5 ps pump as well. So I would assume the 4.0 or 4.2 would be no different. Like WICruiser says the return side can just be attached with hose clamps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys. I didnt do the swap so i wasnt for sure what would fit i will try a oem jeep ps line

·
Registered
442 Posts
They have to be bent a little not much. Could prolly get a "better" look having one made at a place than does custom hydraulic lines. Check my build thread, link in sig, for a fairly clear picture of how the stock lines look on a sbc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts