Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Scan gauge plugged in and the vehicle not driven for a few days will the battery be run down to the point where it will not have enough juice to start the vehicle. I had a Dashawk a few years ago and you could not leave it plugged in for very long with out the vehicle running or it would run down the battery, thanks.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No. Not in my experience. How long do you plan on having it plugged in for?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
What scan gauge are you talking about? To diagnose codes? I am totally lost here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What scan gauge are you talking about? To diagnose codes? I am totally lost here.
I believe it's called a scangauge, it is used to read temps,mpg,time to empty,ect.ect. i am going to use it to monitor the trans temp. it can also be used to diagnose codes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My Scanguage II shuts itself off a few seconds after I kill the engine and does not come on even with the key in the On position. I have left mine in for about 4 years with no problem so far.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The "X" gauge codes for reading your transmission temps are on this forum. Works great.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oh I didn't know that mach. I'll look for them, thanks. I have been using my SG2 for about 2 years now with a previous vehicle and then in the Jeep without any issues.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My Scanguage II shuts itself off a few seconds after I kill the engine and does not come on even with the key in the On position. I have left mine in for about 4 years with no problem so far.
ditto. When some of my gauges quit working on the Mustang, I didn't want to spend $600 on a new set so I got a Scangauge II. It's been hooked up for several years and I have had no battery issues.

I plan on getting one for the JK and doing the mirror mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts