Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there I am planning on taking a ride up the Summitville Trail Saturday. Probably mid morning. Curious to see how far I can get - although it should be open seeing as there are year round residents in Jasper and its been balmy outside.
Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome!

-sam

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the wife and I attempted forest road 250/ County Road FF from Monte Vista to Del Norte via Jasper and Summitville Saturday around noon. We discovered the road is open to Jasper where it gives way to snowmobile use. We ended up rescuing a fellow jeeper who buried his Cherokee in ~3 ft of snow while attempting to drive the snowmobile track up to a lake to go ice fishing. It was a great first use of the new winch, the engo worked flawlessly. This also reinforced my need for lockers. The open diffs in the cherokee made his recovery more difficult. The drive is beautiful and I am excited to explore it a bit more once the snow is gone. Side note: The Sandhill Cranes have also returned to the San Luis Valley, we saw a few thousand on the Monte Vista Nat'l Wildlife Refuge. Photos to follow seeing as my wife is the photographer.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I was on the crew that built the Summitville mine water treatment plant. Hearing that people are fishing up there is good the fish used to be all dead from the arsenic and other crap the mine used to spew out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts