Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
11,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of I have to give a HUGE thanks to Joe Daro of Absolute Off Road in Phoenix and Mr. Jack Hickman for giving me some great advice and answering A LOT of questions I had about my new suspension. Other than the rogue forum member :flipoff: sneaking into Joe's shop I never worried for a second that my rig wouldn't be 100% better than went it shipped out there. I've learned more about suspensions and suspension geometry through the numerous phone calls to Joe than I did after reading Tiny's entire lift thread. :D

Here's a breakdown of what was done:

RockKrawler 5.5" LA with straight front lowers and long rear uppers with RK shocks.

Currie steering. I had to ditch my ORO U-Turn due to the fact that I had to run a dropped pitman arm with the RK trackbar. I'm sure I'll be happy with the Currie.

Alloy USA front and rear chromoly axle shafts.

Alloy USA 5.13 gears.

Custom "one-off" exhaust. :D

Here's further proof that my Jeep is better than yours :flipoff:

·
Retired Moderator
11,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't know you had the ORO steering...what are your thoughts on it now that you have gone to the currie.
I don't know yet. My Jeep is still somewhere between Phoenix and El Paso (I hope :D)

The ORO is for sale and it's a good steering system. It requires the use of a stock pitman arm and it wouldn't work with the RK lift. The two keys to making the ORO work well is a GOOD track back and setting your toe correctly. I spent a lot of time reading over on ROF on how to set it up properly. :D

·
Retired Moderator
4,864 Posts
Isn't that a bit of overkill for the mall? You're going to scare the soccer mom's in their hummers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That looks great. I'm curious, when you have that much flex, is it still streetable?

1 - 20 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.