Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's that time of year to put the soft top on. wondering what the best way to clean the soft top windows is?!? they are best top and tinted. minimal scratching. like new condition. per YouTube, I've seen to use lemon less pledge, car wax or specific vinyl window cleaner (Meguiars). what's everyone's opinion on which is best, especially if tinted?!?

I also have a question on where you connect and tuck the windows just behind the doors. it doesn't matter which order I Velcro the top and rear of the window, that little L shaped runner NEVER fits snug. do I have a lemon or is there a way I can bend it. I assume it's pretty pliable. the bottom 2/3 is always nice and snug, the top 1/3 is damn near out and it an access point for water. not a big deal but while i'm here on the forum, what the hell. thanks y'all. have a happy top down summer!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I use Plexus. Not cheap but very effective. It was recommended by several soft top owners on the Forum a while back.

I wet the windows down with a hose, making sure any loose dirt is washed off, then one window at a time I spray on the Plexus and wipe it off on one side of a thick microfiber towel and buff it with the other. This is my first soft top, and I've been told that it's very easy to scratch the windows so I've handling them with care. So far so good.

Can't help with your other question, sorry. It hasn't gotten warm enough here to take the top down yet!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just polished mine (factory) with Meguiars cleaner wax, being careful to not get it on the fabric. Took most of the little scratches out, and significantly improved some of the really bad ones.

As for the side window installation, I touch the bottom back corner of the Velcro on the window to the Velcro on the rear pillar of the top, about midway up, to hold it in place, then attach the zipper just to engage it (not zipping it yet). Then, undo the Velcro I initially did, and put the bottom lip in place, followed by the leading edge of the window. Finally, zip the window in and secure the Velcro. Takes some practice, but it's nice and quick now. Everything seats nice and snug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts