Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 with half doors. When I have the soft uppers on and need to unzip the windows, I just fold them down into the cabin with me. Well due to this, I've noticed some scratches developing on the window portion. Is there any way to buff these out? I tried scrubbing them, no luck. I don't want to bust out a polisher because after all, it is plastic and I don't want it to melt or warp. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I haven't tried it on my windows yet, but I've removed hazing and light scratches from plastic with PlastX and a micro fiber cloth. Did my instrument cluster lens the other day and it made a good improvement. There are other plastic polishes out there besides PlastX, pick some up and give it a try. I'd try it on a small corner first to see how it does.

·
Registered
715 Posts
the Meguiers PlastX stuff is actually pretty decent. My TJs PO must have had a decal he couldnt stand, so he removed it and then scratched the heck out of the back window trying to remove the decal goop. I used some Plastx on it. Didnt 100% cure it, but made it much more tolerable. Did really well on the small fine branch made scratches, so worth a shot on your windows. Think I paid < $7 at Walmart for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts