Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I head off any of the usual "it's a jeep" or "that's how you make it your own" replies, I'm not against trail rash or fun inflicted minor scratches. However, I scratched the t total crap out of my passenger rear door putting the HT back on myself. It's just a deep clear coat scratch, not into the paint, but it shows up really bad. Anyone have recommendations on ways they buff out their wounds?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would recommend trying Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0. Or if you really want to get into it a little, try Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Cutting Compounds.

·
Registered
989 Posts
^^^^^^^^

I recommend that you run as fast as you can away from this product unless you want to take a scratch and turn it into a larger eyesore. Just my opinion and experience, but typically, use of this stuff ends up being the equivalent of wiping clear fingernail polish over the scratch. I've used it successfully, but unless you REALLY know what you're doing and how to use, it, you can really muck it up. I say this from knowing a half dozen people who didn't use it well and have ugly looking messes as a result.

I personally recommend getting a Quixx kit. It works GREAT and has outstanding instructions on how to use it for everything from light clear coat scratches to deep to the primer scratches.

I've found it at Walmart, Target, and auto parts chains as well as Amazon.

Amazon.com: Quixx Paint Scratch Remover: Automotive

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much everyone. And I like the story ideas too, I think my gf might possibly have an issue with the one provided though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts