Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is going to be hard to describe and probably impossible to diagnose without seeing/hearing it but its worth a shot. As I was leaving work today I notice a sort of screeching noise that went away once I got moving. It sounds sort of like break squeal but with a bit more grinding to it. I got to my destination and was there for about an hour. When I went to leave the sound was back. It continued as I slowed at a light and then stopped. When I started again, it was back. I drove about a mile and it didn't go away. I pulled into a parking lot to see if I could figure it out. There doesn't seem to be any fluid leaking or anything out of the place. The sound was there when I drove forward but when I moved in reverse there was no sound. I decided to just get back to my office. As I left, the sound was back for another mile or so. I came to a light and when I started off again the sound was there, but then went away as I got up to speed. Didn't hear it again for the 20ish mile trip. When I got back to my office I tried to recreate the sound with no success. It's a 2010 JKUR 6 speed manual. I was thinking it may be the emergency brake pad sticking but I couldn't recreate the noise at the office.

Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts