Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Monday I apparently rolled drove over this...have no idea how it went in and then back out, but its kinda of funny. Pulled over and changed it, and after three days it still had not lost any air...lol. Luckily I have insurance on the tires and I got a new one for free.
You guys have stories and pictures?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That's a nice long one! Nice, lol...
I had a long skinny ~15" wrench (brake tool I think) somehow manage to pierce a tire on a Merc I had. Didn't see it on the road, but it made an awful noise once it was stuck in the tire! Still have the wrench somewhere in a box, lol... ;)
Being a tire guy for a while we found some interesting things in tires there too!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I once worked in a tire store and found a 1/2" wrench in a punctured tire, it went in open end first and destroyed the tire. BTW I kept the wrench it was a Snap-On it was barely scratched.

·
Registered
224 Posts
x2 on the open end wrench! Sold tires for 12 years, you'd be amazed what ends up in a tire.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No pictures since this happened about thirty year ago but a friend went into the gas station to have a slow leak repaired. While sweeping the inside of the tire with his fingers, the mechanic felt a little sting. Turned out to be a fang from a rattle snake my friend had ran over earlier in the week. The fang still contained enough venom to do a little damage to the mechanic, as well as the tire. Be careful out there in the desert when running over those buzz-worms.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Pulled this out of my 35" tire.

View attachment 1024681
that almost looks intentional, I am still trying to wrap my head around how something that long went through a tire at that angle. almost like someone propped it there knowing that you would back up puncturing your tire.

I have seen 1/2" bolts in tires before

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Wasn't a 375.00 knife. Hole was too close to the side wall to patch.
I would have patched it anyways and just used it as a trail spare

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Screws, nails and a piece of a hanger are the only things I have pulled out of my tires. I have been lucky one had to replace 2 tires in my life do to a foreign object. One of those times was a recap went under the truck slit the back tire instant deflate.

·
Registered
23,974 Posts
that almost looks intentional, I am still trying to wrap my head around how something that long went through a tire at that angle. almost like someone propped it there knowing that you would back up puncturing your tire.

I have seen 1/2" bolts in tires before
Not intentional. Ran over it in the road. Ruins a persons day really quick.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I would have patched it anyways and just used it as a trail spare
You would have to patch it yourself because most every tire shop wont touch a patch close to a side wall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts