Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Night an OEM frame and soft top for my jeep- it is kissing the screws - where do I get them and/or what size are thy?
Thanks

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Hardware store. What screws? If they hold the front on the top on, there pretty small

·
Knows a couple things...
49,382 Posts
What screws, where? Ya gotta help us man, there are a lot of different screw types and sizes associated with the top. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, my bad trying to type while in a conversation.
What I meant to say was that I bought a used OEM soft top, and the screws (I believe there are 4) that hold the frame to the brackets on the Jeep are missing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bumping an old thread since I lost my soft top knuckle screws as well.

I removed the lower front flare extensions that sit behind the front fender flares. Turns out those screws fit perfectly in the soft top knucle joint. Ugly as hell and you need some kind of washer to make them fit right, but it works.

Has anyone found a decent <$5 hardware store solution to replacing these?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think I found what I need here:
MOPAR 6036311AA - MOPAR® Soft Top Shoulder Screw for 01-12 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, Unlimited TJ, Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

The dealer sells them for $5/piece!!! Knowing that I guess I will make a trip to Lowes tonight to see if they might have something similar. Does anyone now if the shoulder is necessary?
Bumping an old thread since I lost my soft top knuckle screws as well.

I removed the lower front flare extensions that sit behind the front fender flares. Turns out those screws fit perfectly in the soft top knucle joint. Ugly as hell and you need some kind of washer to make them fit right, but it works.

Has anyone found a decent <$5 hardware store solution to replacing these?

Go with the OEM part. I know the $20 is tough medicine (only $10 if you have an LJ), but they are designed to work with the plastic clevic'es. Replacing those when they break is way more expensive.

No you will not find a custom shoulder bolt at a hardware store. Nor online.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like there's a set of non-OEM replacement screws for $14 on Amazon, but I think I'd rather pay for the quick disconnects. At least that way it feels like an upgrade rather than a waste of money due to foolishness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts