Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else done this? I am running duratrac 285's with 1.5" spidertrax spacers on stock 17s. I thought I had read that this setup would not scrub but I guess I misread. Disconnected the front sway and was riding around the property. Hit a bump just right and scrubbed. Thought nothing of it but a couple days later noticed my fender was pulled away from the body. In the pics you can see a line in the paint, that is a reflection of a line in the concrete. Where it zigzags there is a dent. My main question is - will trimming my fenders fix my problem for now. Wasn't planning on lifting just yet, had a few other things I wanted to do first.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I've heard alot of setups won't rub, but in the end it depends who is saying that. I ran the popular 2.5" lift with 35's and rubbed factory flares pretty bad under full flex.
They're just plastic clips that hold the fender in place so if you take some time you can likely get the clips back in place.
Having said that yes trimming the stock flares would give you more room for flexing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. If I still have a scrub after the trim is a larger bump stop and option until I can add the lift?

·
Registered
616 Posts
you could throw on a 1" body lift easily if your an auto trans.

I know you said no lift, just thought I'd throw the idea at you.

Yes a larger bumpstop will also work, but for the money i'd do the body lift.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Scrubbed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts