Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to add it to my gas, crankcase and thru my brake booster. I just had an oil change yesterday though. Will it cause me any problems if I add it to the oil now but don't change the oil until my next 3,000 mile maintenance? Or do you need to always change the oil regardless after adding it?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Personally, I'd change it after 50-100 miles in the crank case. You don't want your oil being thinned out too long or you risk a spun bearing.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I wouldn't use it till the time to change it out, it's not good to run it with the seafoam in it for that long..

·
Registered
202 Posts
We sell ton's of it in our shop. If you follow the instructions, 1 oz per qt, you will be fine. That being said I've only added it to the crankcases with specific oil problems (foam, noisy lifter or gumming up on dipstick or fill cap). It works great thru a vacuum port. Just be ready for a lot of smoke.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be safe, since this is the first time I'm doing it to this Jeep, I'll wait and do it before my next oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts