Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so now im really confused. when i turn it on the idle is normal, but when driving and i engage the clutch the rpms fall to like 300 and it sounds like i tap the throttle but the computer does it by itself. then it comes back to normal idle. what is going on?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
i'm not familiar with the codes, but I am familiar with seafoam.
it will loosen carbon buildup, and now your Jeep is trying to flush out the gunk. It might take a while, but then again some of it may get stuck in your O2 sensors.
I'm sure some knowledgable members will chime in, but I thougt I'd share what I know while you wait.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Seafoam might have fouled your plugs because all of that carbon. Pull them out and I bet they will look dirty. Either replace them or clean them real good. That should take care of your problem.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Did you pour it down the TB or add it to the gas tank? Just curious, I've never used Seafoam.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Sometimes seafoam can foul plugs or O2 sensors, especially depending on how it was applied. Did you use it through the gas or a vacuum hose? I'd pull the plugs and inspect/maybe clean or replace them. I think indication of such a fouling of the plugs would be a white/gray powder all over the tip of the plug

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Now you've learned why not to use that junk - especially sucked in direct like that.

P0300 means you have, or had, random misfires temporarily. Most likely it fouled the plugs, the PCM detected it and won't forget it for awhile, even though the plugs are cleared now. The O2 sensors probably got polluted from that stuff too.

Remove the battery cable for at least 8 hours to clear the memory, not just the CEL.

Start it - don't just sit and idle - drive it immediately. Drive it like normal, not hard, not easy.

Cleaning the memory puts the PCM back to default. Driving it immediately will help it relearn, driving it before it gets into closed loop helps it run a little rich, then when the O2 sensors heat up the crud burns off - hopefully.
Also check the vacuum line that you used - make sure both ends are on tight.

Next time - put it in the tank only if you really feel the urge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes definitely learned my lesson lol. i guess it did its job though. ill leave it unhooked at work tomorrow. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It took me about 150 miles or so to get all the gunk burned off after I seafoamed my Tacoma. Be patient, as long as she doesn't do anything too crazy, just try to ride it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts