Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my red jeep I believe and I plan on starting a new project.

I want to start with a rubicon (Dana 44's), build up the axles a bit, shafts, gussets.

I was debating the 4bt cummins, the Ls1 swap and possibly a 350.

In total I want to spend around 15k tops on engine, tranny, driveshafts, Novak shifter, adapting plate to the np241, and stretched 5" suspension with 1" body lift. I will do all the work myself, and have some help on the wiring.

I have my own shop, lift, and every tool I would ever need.

What engine swaps do you like in that 5-6k price range engine and tranny? I would like something you can turbo also, or pro charge.. Also I would like a rebuilt motor, or new old stock. Nothing pulled.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I want to run 37, be able to go 70 mph and I don't do any crazy wheeling, just little stuff at the badlands.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'd love to have an H1 diesel! Since the LS1 is a 350 I'm wondering what you meant, but I'm following along as best as I can. Basically you have a Diesel torque monster swap or a V8 swap in mind. Which kind of power delivery will beat suit your intended uses? That's the first question I would ask myself, followed immediately with can I get that from the venerable IL6 just as effectively, efficiently, and at the same cost?

For my intended uses I know the answer, and I won't be swapping a motor in my LJ. However, for the ultimate 240z there's a whole different story!

It sounds like you have a good chunk of cash to play with, a desire to go really wild, and no need for anything beyond a stock jeep as far as duty cycle goes. I know Novak has a ton of info on swaps for Jeeps on their site because I've checked it out. Also a few guys here have done the 4bt swap that I've seen. I know you can fairly easily swap in a hemi if you get the proper parts car. Good luck and I hope you enjoy what you do with it! Also, be sure to investigate your laws around registration of swapped motor vehicles, sometimes that can get downright tricky. ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm leaning to the 4bt. I've heard of great gas milage, great torque, great offroad capabilities, and durability.

4bt ax-15 np241 Dana 44's (built) with shafts , custom driveshafts
Adjustable arms, stretched 6" lift, 37's

Decent basic gameplan for a weekend warrior, non daily driver?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Get the 4bta not the 4bt. The 4bta is intercooled and will put out more power. A jeeps not supposed to be fast go cummins all the way.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Where to get a good refurb to mate to a ax15?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also a thought. I've read 5-6 write ups, and found nothing about wiring..

How difficult is wiring the gauges, heater unit, CD player, lights, fuel guage, air bags, etc for the swap?

Do you leave all that wiring in, and just cut some out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts