Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for New Soft Top to replace original Soft Top, Whats the best bang for the buck. Using existing hardware, Several options on ebay & thinking of going that route. Any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

I just bought a 2004 TJ (Pics soon!) and it needs a new top. I was on the fence between the Quadratop and the SmittyBilt Top on Amazon. Quadratop with soft doors was 350ish OTD...and the SmittyBilt was 250 overnighted.

I literally just ordered the SmittyBilt this morning. I am going to put it on Saturday and will followup then (with lots of pics of course). I don't really have anything to compare it to, besides the OEM from 04....I will let you know what I think. IMO, the 50% savings wasn't worth the quality difference (if any)...the only thing that really stood out in the Quadratop was the 3yr warranty, but did't justify another $100.

-JakeTheCake

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello!
I literally just ordered the SmittyBilt this morning. I am going to put it on Saturday and will followup then (with lots of pics of course). I don't really have anything to compare it to, besides the OEM from 04....I will let you know what I think.
With all the stitching coming out of my current top, I have been looking for a new top. I am seriously considering the Smittybilt one. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about it.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
For a cheap top, Smittybilt is ok. Fits good, looks good and windows are tinted pretty dark(? 20%). Been having some rear window zipping issues but can't really complain so far because I called Smittybilt and complained about it within 3 mos of owning it, they sent me another top, no questions asked and they didn't even ask for the 3mo old top back. I just stored the new one for backup.I just had to emailed them my eBay receipt. Paid $240 shipped w/ new door windows. FYI: Door windows comes untinted, I tinted mine with cling-on tint but since then have upper sliders. Side note: I like the look of the Rampage frameless top.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a smittybilt top and I love it! It looks great! No air leaks and the windows r nice and dark I would defiantly buy it again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts