Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather has turned decent, I've had the opportunity to take the top off and do some cruising. One thing I've noticed is the anything over 30 mph with the top off and the seats belts flap and make a pretty annoying sound. Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if there was anything you could do about it. Besides turning the radio up louder!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Now that the weather has turned decent, I've had the opportunity to take the top off and do some cruising. One thing I've noticed is the anything over 30 mph with the top off and the seats belts flap and make a pretty annoying sound. Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if there was anything you could do about it. Besides turning the radio up louder!!!
I have a 2 week old '15 JKUR and the seat belts (rear) flap with the windows open. It is very annoying!

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can also take the flapping part of the seatbelt (the vertical part), and slip it in between the seat adjustment handle and the seat. You lose the auto-retracting ability of your seatbelt but it stops the flap.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmm, i never thought about this, but I wonder if the flapping would stop by simply putting the seatbelt into the clasp.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use a short velcro strap around the part of the belt that slaps against the plastic panel. Not too tight as you still want the belt to move freely.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Had the same problem today with half doors and soft top. Just placed my Amazon order.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Put a half twist in the front belts, and that stopped the flapping. Does not retract as easy with the half twist, but still works for me.

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Move the seat belt under the plastic trim. Don't press the trim on too tight or it won't retract correctly. Mine have been like this for 3 years and give me no issues and no flapping. And its free :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts